Author Topic: Boyfriend’s sister hates me.  (Read 114 times)

Offline emilysz

• View Profile
Boyfriend’s sister hates me.
« on: December 24, 2018, 08:40:43 AM »
Hi. I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years. Our relationship is going amazing, no problems, etc. we get along well and love each other. The only problem is his sister. She hates me. I used to talk to her and she would always treat me like shit. I’ve never done anything to her. Recently she even called me out on Twitter, without saying my name. She’s cursed at me, harassed me, and tries to justify it by mentioning my flaws. One time she gave the phone to someone else who told me to kill myself and didn’t even think it was wrong. I’m so sick of her BS. I’ve told my boyfriend, he is aware of everything and he’s talked to her about it but she puts on a smile and acts like she knows it wrong and blah blah blah but when she talks to me I can see she  isn’t sorry at all. I swear she is trying to break us up or something. At one point I asked her what I’ve done to her and she didn’t even answer. She was all like “I’m a good person” and I asked why I should be convinced she is and just said “if you knew me irl it would be different.” She is a straight up bitch and it’s aftecting me and my boyfriend. Neither of us know what to do. I just want to move on without having to worry about her. I’m starting to wonder if our relationship can’t work out cause she hates me. What should I do?

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
Re: Boyfriend’s sister hates me.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »
So it’s a long distance relationship so you don’t actually see her as such, only on social media?
You really just need to ignore it. She enjoys the reaction it gets, if you don’t react it’s not as satisfying for her.

When someone is an arsehole like this you need to understand that bullies are usually bullied. If anything you should feel sorry for her as she must have a miserable life if this is the crap she does to make herself feel better. She has a low self esteem and bringing people down is a way to make her feel better. (If people point out flaws in others it’s usually what they don’t like in themselves).

She’s intimidated by you, maybe you’re smarter, prettier, have her brothers attention. Whatever it is you need to get the strength from not taking it personal, taking a step back and realizing it’s not you. It’s her, inside she’s just a miserable person who takes it out on other people.