Author Topic: 5 weeks, 2 days. No yolk in sac  (Read 682 times)

Offline Emmammoo

• View Profile
5 weeks, 2 days. No yolk in sac
« on: January 04, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »
Hi.
I recently had my first dating ultrasound so we could figure out how far along I am. The ultrasound measured me at 5 weeks, 2 days.
The scan showed that I have a gestational sac but there was no yolk inside. The ultrasound tec said that ultrasounds this early never show much so it’s not uncommon to see nothing.
I went back to my doctor to get my results and he seemed very worried and was saying that it might not be a viable pregnancy but I have to wait and go back for another scan in 2 weeks.
I have researched online and I’m reading some posts that say this is normal and others that Had a miscarriage.
I’m stressing about this as this is my first pregnancy after trying for 12 months.
Is this normal or can anyone else relate?

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: 5 weeks, 2 days. No yolk in sac
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 04:52:50 AM »
Yes, you wouldn’t see much so early on. It actually might be there but just so small that can’t see via ultrasound yet. So i wouldn’t worry that you didn’t see much just yet. But in terms of miscarriage, it happens to 1in4 women and can happen to any of us. I had two in a row and now pregnant again so only time will tell if this is successful or not. There is nothing you can do if you do miscarry and there would be nothing you have done wrong for it to happen. I know not stressing is impossible but all you can do is just hope for the best and wait for the next scan. Good luck!

Offline Katiedid81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 05:20:52 PM »
What happened at the next ultrasound?

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 05:20:52 PM »