Author Topic: What Was That?  (Read 471 times)

Offline EmmaWill95

• View Profile
What Was That?
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:09:40 PM »
I apologise in advance for all the details...

I have PCOS, and have been living with it since i was 11, when i started my periods (i am now 23). It doesnt really bother me too much. The irregularity of my periods can be a pain sometimes, but otherwise it doesnt prevent me from living an average life.

But this months period came on very sudden. Obviously its hard to tell when you have irregular periods, but i had none of the usual warning signs a fee days before.

It also arrived with intense cramping in my lower abdomen. I have always considered myself to have quite a decent pain threshold but this was unbearable!! I could barely move from my bed and pain killers and hot water bottles werent helping much.

And the flow was different too. It was more watery/gloopy than my normal thicker, clottes flow, and it was a million times heavier. With my PCOS i do tend to have a heavier flow naturally, where a super tampon will generally last me a couple hours but no longer. But this time i was changing my pad every 45 minutes and still was leaking through to my underwear.

And since the first two days of my cycle where i had to deal with the above massacre of pain and blood, i have basically just had a brownish discharge.

So looking back, im thinking maybe it wasnt a proper period, but an ovarian cyst rupturing? Ive never had that before so i dont know if that is typical symptoms of an ovarian cyst or not? Has anyone experienced this before? And if it was a cyst, do i need to inform my GP, or not bother as the symptoms have passed now?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Offline Courtneyleighx.

• View Profile
Re: What Was That?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 05:51:21 AM »
I would speak to somebody for advice, a GP, if you’re in the UK maybe 111 for advice to see where they say that you should go?
A professional opinion is always best, and it’s always best to check something you’re not sure of especially when it comes to ovarian cysts as they can sometimes be very serious x

Offline EmmaWill95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »
Thankyou for the advice, i will call someone asap to get some professional advice. :)

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »