Poll

Have you ever fallen for your best friend?

Yes and we got together
0 (0%)
Yes but I never did anything about it and we are still good mates
1 (100%)
Yes and it got really messy
0 (0%)
No because they are friends for a reason
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: December 09, 2018, 05:37:47 AM

Author Topic: Ever fallen for your best friend?  (Read 302 times)

Offline Jenny-beexoxo

• View Profile
Ever fallen for your best friend?
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:37:47 AM »
So basically I’m in a little bit of a dilemma and have been for a while regarding my feelings for my best guy friend and I don’t really know where to go from here. Really just wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this and can offer some advice on whether perusing anything is a good or bad idea in the long run.

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
Re: Ever fallen for your best friend?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:25:56 AM »
Girl the only guys I eventually end up liking are my best guy friends
Always glad to help!

Offline Sunkissed101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
I had a best friend growing up. He was a nephew of my mom’s best friend. We hhad a lot of play dates as kids. So we basically grew up together. But i couldnt help but have feelings for this guy. But i could never tell him. He was the one person i shared everything with. I couldnt risk losing that. He was 15 when he got his first girlfriend. They met over the phone and they never personaly met eachother during their entire relationship but i was jelous out of my mind. I had my fare share of boy flings as well. But it never worked out. I was 16 when i found out my best friend had been having mutual feelings for me ever since we were kids. So we finally got together. And 10  years later. We are still so in love. Together. And happily married for 4 years.

So if you ask me. I think finding love with your best friend is a beautiful thing. Just make sure you know how he feels about it before confessing anything to him. If it works out then its perfect. If it doesnt. Then you lose a friend forever.

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 05:30:11 AM »
I don't think you would necessarily lose him as a friend if you confessed. My bff had feelings for me, but I don't reciprocate. And it was only awkward for like a day until we continued to be as good as friends as always. I think if you want to confess, you might as well try but think first about his reaction. do you think he'll back off or not care and keep on being friends?

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »
LinkleBlue is right. It shouldn’t effect your friendship outright saying it. Most friends appreciate honesty with their friends especially when they know it’s hard for them to say.
Always glad to help!