Author Topic: Gynecologist  (Read 476 times)

Offline Loner

• View Profile
Gynecologist
« on: January 11, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »
I'm 19 years old and a virgin. I know that I should get my lady parts examined one every two years or so..but I'm terrified of going because of the horrror stories that my female side of the family told me..not to mention I've never gone to one even though I probably should not to mention I don't know how to schedule a appointment. I'm also don't want the doctor to be a male since male doctors make me uncomfortable with the exception of the dentist.

Offline JustPeachy

• View Profile
Re: Gynecologist
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:53:41 AM »
I was the same way at your age, just totally opposed to going. When I finally did go at 21 it was only because I was having real problems coping with my cycles at that time. My initial visit they pretty much just talked to me. No pelvic exam and no pap. They also told me it was no big deal I had not had those things done before since I was not sexually active. When I did eventually have an exam and pap, it really wasn’t that big of a deal. I do find paps to be very uncomfortable and a bit painful, but it lasts maybe a minute and is definitely bearable. I will still only see a female dr for those needs. I go to a women’s center with all female drs and nurses.

Offline Corrina_1996

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 02:10:28 AM »
Let them know you only want a female doctor when you make your appointment. That is what I do and they don’t mind at all. Also they ask you if you’re sexually active. And that’s when you let them know you’re a virgin, and they will not do anything to compromise that.

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 02:10:28 AM »