Author Topic: When to test?  (Read 319 times)

Offline Mariahlynn17

• View Profile
When to test?
« on: January 13, 2019, 09:44:41 PM »
So recently my husband and I decided to try for baby #2. It took us 2.5 years to get pregnant with my son, so I’m not sure how easily baby #2 will happen. I ovulated on the 1st and we tried 3 days before then, so I’m just wondering how early can I test to get a positive if I were to be pregnant?

Offline Chareliz1986

• View Profile
Re: When to test?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 03:14:08 AM »
Hi Mariah! You’ve probably tested already as this is a late reply sorry. Every month I get quite obsessive and buy those early tests which say 6 days before your missed period- so 5 days before your period is due. I can only give my experience - that is that I’m not pregnant yet and I get really disappointed by a negative test but then say to myself that it was negative because it’s too early. Ultimately if you can wait, the longer you do the more chance you have for an accurate test. It gives a chance for the pregnancy hormone to build to detect it. But then I’m speaking from someone who isn’t pregnant yet, if you were you may get a positive early on. But if you’re not you get disappointed wait a few days take another feel disappointed then your af comes and by then you’re really deflated! I doubt this helps but I’ve had to tell myself this could take a long time, as you said it took you 2.5 years the first time round, I’m sure it will be quicker for you this time but I can certainly sense my stress levels increasing throughout the month which cannot be good for ttc xx best of luck