Author Topic: TTC after missed miscarriage  (Read 374 times)

Offline —hayah

• View Profile
TTC after missed miscarriage
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:48:32 PM »
Hi everyone I’m new to this. I had a missed miscarriage on 7 December 2018 and I was supposed to be 12 weeks but the nurse said baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I have had my first period since then, however I’m on day 10 and there’s still some brown spotting. Is this normal? And is it ok to start trying again? Thank you

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: TTC after missed miscarriage
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:36:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. The spotting is normal. I had missed mc discovered on 4dec 2017, i was supposed to be 13w and baby measured 8w. I wasn’t allowed ttc for 6m because there was a complication. However normally advice is to wait for a first period for dating purposes. Did you have to have d&c? If so best really is wait about 3 months/cycles. Only because it’s a lot harsher on uterus and lining needs time to thicken up again and overall it just needs some time to heal. If you had medical management again since you already had your period you can start trying. But only do it if you are ready. There is nothing wrong to take a break and next pregnancy can be very stressful. After my first loss i was actually glad i couldn’t ttc for 6m as i don’t think i would be ready any sooner and that allowed me to be more positive about next pregnancy. Unfortunately i miscarried my second too but it was just a normal mc this time. I had medical management and we decided to ttc straight away and i got pregnant straight after first period. Early days but so far so good but it is very stressful and sometimes you just worry too much. Don’t rush into things if you don’t think you could handle another mc right now as it can happen again (of course fingers crossed it doesn’t).

Offline —hayah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:09:19 PM »
Thank you for your reply :) I had medical management as I didn’t want to go for the d&c. I am ready to try again  but just wanted to be sure if this spotting was normal as I got a bit worried. After my miscarriage the bleeding was for 2 weeks. My period has lasted 8 days with 2 days of spotting. It’s so nice to hear real life stories rather than just reason bubba online. I hope it goes well for you :)

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:09:19 PM »

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:18:31 AM »
It can take some time for cycles to regulate and the first cycle after mc can be a very weird one. You can still can get pregnant though. Also it is possible that your ovulation day/ cycle lenght can change, so if you think you are late the chances are you probably aren’t. It can happen after normal birth too. My luteal phase changed after each of my mc so my cycles went from 36 d pre first pregnancy to about 32 d after second mc. My actual period also got shorter and lighter.

Offline —hayah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »
I’m on day 11 of my period and day 8-10 was just spotting and i have starting to bleed very lightly again. I’m very confused with whats happening but I guess this is normal worth the first period after MC.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
Everyone is different. If it’s a little and you are not in huge paind i would give it up to a week before go to doctors and if you feel this doesn’t feel right you could go sooner. Always to be better safe than sorry. Do you know if your hcg has gotten down to negative? Were you advised to take pregnancy test 3w after medical management? In up to 20% of cases there is a leftover tissue left behind after misoprostol.