Author Topic: Test or wait a few more days  (Read 810 times)

Offline Sweetlady81

• View Profile
Test or wait a few more days
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:32:07 PM »
So I found out last year that I had been misdiagnosed with PCOS for 12 years and also that my diagnosis for fibroids a few months earlier was also wrong. I was amazed to find that out but then questioned why I hadn’t conceived since we have been TTC for a number of years. I am 37. I found out that i don't ovulate regularly. Any way I have always had a regular 28 day cycle, give or take a day or two and on the rare occasion I have missed periods. I was due this month on 13th and started spotting on the 14th. It was barely noticeable but for the fact I was looking out for my period. This continued for 5 days and then stopped for 3 days. It started again yesterday and today I have had a bit more but still not what I would expect for my period. My breast are also sore and I’ve been getting dull cramps in my abdomen. Has this ever happened to anyone before. Should I take a pregnancy test or could this be my period? I am a little apprehensive about taking the test as I have been trying to put the baby thing behind me so a negative would be a bit of a downer. Should i wait a few more days? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Chareliz1986

• View Profile
Re: Test or wait a few more days
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 03:06:56 AM »
Hi, did you test yet? I know it’s hard I battle with myself every month on buying tests and I’m trying this month to not test at all until a period is actually late, I’ve spent a fortune on those early ones. It’s a difficult one as I know how crazy it can make me the mind and body are a bizarre thing- the fact that it is preoccupying our minds can lead the body to also trick us into thinking we are pregnant. My periods have become later that usual when they’ve never been late in 17 years. This could also be what is happening to you, I could be wrong my new rule is to wait until the day you expect your period then test if it hasn’t shown up. Good luck xx