Author Topic: STD Testing  (Read 314 times)

Offline callisto

• View Profile
STD Testing
« on: January 30, 2019, 11:54:11 PM »
If I don’t have any symptoms, would it be fine for me to just wait until my next OBGYN appointment? I’m concerned about what my parents would think since I’m on their insurance plan and it would be less suspicious if I were to suggest doing it at a normal appointment. I know I should get tested, I’m just unsure of how time sensitive it is. I’ve only recently become active and never been tested or had a full exam at the OBGYN’s before so I’m a little lost about all this. Any help?

Offline Zebrasarecool

• View Profile
Re: STD Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
I think suggesting it either way, if your parents don’t know you’re sexually active, will concern your parents. If you are in college, you can go to the school’s infirmary and do a test there and it will be billed to your account. For my school it was super cheap, $15, so they billed it to my account and I paid it with my debit card and the statement did not say STD test or anything like that and my parents are none the wiser.
Also yes you could still have an STD but have no symptoms so it’s always good to keep yourself up to date with your sexual health.