Author Topic: Could I be pregnant?  (Read 695 times)

Offline Supermeggs12

• View Profile
Could I be pregnant?
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:47 AM »
I’m on the pill. In my last pill pack, I forgot to take a pill 2 or 3 times, so I would have to double up and take two pills some days. I got my period on the 3rd of this month and my period ended on the 8th. I had unprotected sex on the 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th. Ever since I started my new pill pack on the 8th, I have been good about taking my pills and I have not been late. However, since I had to double on some pills my last pill pack, I’m worried this could affect the effectiveness. I’m kinda stressed.

Offline Capriceee97

• View Profile
Re: Could I be pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:51:17 PM »
No contraception is 100% effective, but taken correctly it is over 99% effective. If you miss two or more combined pills, then you may not be guarded against pregnancy. You should take the missed pill but use alternative forms of protection (e.g. condoms) during sexual intercourse for the following week. If you’ve had unprotected sex in this period you may want to get emergency contraception (for future reference). In this case, as you may not be protected against pregnancy, you may become pregnant.

Hope this has been helpful.