Author Topic: Guy i know is on drugs  (Read 68 times)

Offline Freckles.777

• View Profile
Guy i know is on drugs
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:11:03 AM »
 I remember a little while ago I mentioned this guy I met at an art class that I really liked. We were really good friends over social media since we didn’t really get to see each other a lot or at all. He then went to public school  since we were both homeschooled and he changed, he stopped talking to me and we drifted apart. recently we talked again and I noticed he made a lot of weed and drug jokes, I found that kind of strange since I don’t do any of that stuff since it’s bad for you. So long story short he’s doing weed and snorting Adderall!  He’s so young!!  It makes me sad talking to him because before he would tell me funny stories about his day or jokes, but now all he talks about is how messed up his life is and laughs at the fact that he spilled vodka on himself at school.  I  I don’t want someone who does drugs as my friend, but hes still my friend and I don’t know what to do.  I don’t know how to tell him that he shouldn’t do drugs.  It’s really depressing because we used to be so close even wanted to be the same thing when we grow up but honestly I don’t know anymore :( does anyone have any advice how to deal with this

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Guy i know is on drugs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:42:02 AM »
It's a tough one. There's not much you can do unfortunately, because even though it's important to tell him how damaging all these stuff are, he won't stop doing it just because you tell him.

The most responsible thing would be to talk to his parents, but there's always the possibility that the reason he thinks his life is messed up is because his parents are toxic? Maybe you should try to get closer to him so he tells you his story, and do tell him that what he's doing will destroy him, but wait until you hear why "his life is messed up" to decide whether or not you should tell his parents. If I were you i'd also ask my own parents for advice.