Author Topic: Mommy issues  (Read 239 times)

Offline Sanya

• Love yourself, others won't
    • View Profile
Mommy issues
« on: April 18, 2019, 12:16:50 PM »
Okay so I am 15. Puberty did not turn out good for me
I know am not a super pretty girl like others i see around me.
Mothers (they say) love their kids no matter their looks and brains
My mom over the last year has reminded me daily:-
"You are the ugliest"
"You are so short"
"You are so skinny"
"No guy will ever fall for you"

She does not understand that it is already hard for me to accept me as I am
It's hard loving my ownself already and now that she has increased her frequency of insulting me.. It's become yet more hard
What do i do? Am so sick of this

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Mommy issues
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 06:36:28 AM »
That's awful. How can she do that to you?!
It seems you have a toxic mother, the only thing I can think of is meditation. Try to meditate so you get a better perspective about yourself and change your mindset. It may help you accept who you are and not listen to your mother. There are several apps for that, I'm using one called headspace and they ask you what focus you want to give your meditation sessions. I think I remember there was an option about loving yourself. Hope that helps! And your mother is being very mean to you, don't listen to her! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You are pretty even if you don't think so!

Offline Sanya

• Love yourself, others won't
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »
Thanks for ur advice but i dont think meditation is my cup of tea.. Is there somethig i could say or do that will shut her up except plastic surgery of course coz i did not choose my face

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
I’m sure you look fine girl don’t worry
Always glad to help!

Offline Just.Another.Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 03:02:59 AM »
That’s not a nice thing for someone to do, especially your mum. If it continues then maybe you could try and ask her what’s wrong or why she does that to you. If you’re too scared or don’t want to, maybe try to seek help at school. I know that sounds odd, as you probably don’t want to get your mum into trouble, but you always come first! remember that and you’ll start to love yourself. I’m just a bit younger than you but I completely understand what you’re going through. Some days will be great and you’ll think, ‘wow I look great in this!’ And other days will be awful because you’ll look in the mirror and say ‘wow I wish this wasn’t my body’ and that’s ok. Everyone has self doubt at some point in life, it just comes in different forms. If you can, why not try experimenting with different clothing or styles or maybe make up if you like it. It might help to make you feel better about yourself. I know for some girls different make up/ clothes can be a great cover-up for how you really feel, and can give you a confidence boost. Either way I’m sure you’re and wonderful and beautiful person. :)
-Jade