Author Topic: I don’t want my future children around their uncle  (Read 129 times)

Offline emmaloucoy

• View Profile
I don’t want my future children around their uncle
« on: May 05, 2019, 05:40:21 AM »
So I’ve already written a post about how my boyfriends family are strange and how my boyfriends brother is a creepy person and now the topic of us getting married has come up and it’s causing major stress in our relationship. We’ve discussed who we would ask to be a part of our wedding and I told him I wanted three bridesmaids but to even it out he has to have three groomsmen which means he has to ask said brother that I’m not comfortable around. I gently reminded him that his brother makes me extremely uncomfortable and that I would prefer if he wasn’t in our wedding party but he is adamant that his brother will be there so we’ve compromised and decided that I will have one bridesmaid and he will have one groomsman and he has chosen his other brother who I have no issues with but i feel awful about the whole situation and I don’t mean to make him feel conflicted but I just can’t stomach to be around his other brother. He has have to have ALL of his teeth removed recently as he declined to brush them and he is extremely overweight and very greasy and scruffy with no job or life at all. He just plays PlayStation all night and sleeps all day and he speaks so inappropriately and makes every conversation sexual and I honestly just feel uneasy when I’m around him and in the heat of the fight I blurted out that I don’t want him around any children that we have and my boyfriend lost it. He said that I can’t keep our children away from their uncle and that they have to have some form of relationship with him and honestly that just doesn’t sit right with me and I told them that if we do have children that I don’t want to be present when he visits his family and that he must not leave our children alone with his brother and that he is never to change their diapers/nappies and he replied that I’m being a horrible person. Am I horrible or am I right?

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: I don’t want my future children around their uncle
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:29:22 AM »
Honestly I agree with you. I wouldn't want someone like that near my children. But it's complicated because your bf doesn't see it. My suggestion is you guys try to find a halfway point here. Maybe your future children can see his uncle but only around other people , never staying alone with them. From what you tell us about him, it doesn't really seem that he will make an effort to be around your children, as he is apparently extremely recluded. So maybe you won't even have to make a lot of effort to keep them away.