Author Topic: Boyfriends mother is driving a wedge!!!!!  (Read 364 times)

Offline emmaloucoy

• View Profile
Boyfriends mother is driving a wedge!!!!!
« on: May 08, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
So recently me and my boyfriend have decided we’re going to do a year abroad and work in a different country and he’s planning on going to college so he’ll have a qualification before we go. I’ve spoken with my family about it but he hasn’t told his family yet as he’s afraid of their reaction (he’s the only one in the house that drives and his mother and brother are very dependent on him to get around). I think she’s wised up that something is going on because she is now trying to drive a wedge in our relationship. I haven’t seen her since she last entered my workplace (a coffee shop) and I asked her what she wanted (to eat or drink) she said she was just stopping by to say hello and she left. This was about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Last night she was speaking with my boyfriend and she told him that I was rude to her when she saw me last and that I asked her in a very aggressive tone what she wanted. This is simply untrue. As much as I dislike her at times I would never be rude to her out of respect that she’s the man I loves mother. She then proceeded to act childish about her other son and stated that if he doesn’t bring his newborn baby to visit tomorrow that she will not be attending the baby’s christening. I am shocked that she would act like this as it’s extremely immature for a woman her age. I love my boyfriend so dearly but I know when he tells her we’re moving away that she’ll act up and try and turn him against me.

Offline Flowergirl1234567

• View Profile
Re: Boyfriends mother is driving a wedge!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »
You should talk to them together and figure out what she dislikes about you and your relationship with her son