Author Topic: Older Guy  (Read 150 times)

Offline Mi-Time

• The meaning of Life is that it ends.
    • View Profile
Older Guy
« on: July 03, 2019, 10:07:03 PM »
Hey everyone! So I’ll get right to the point, I just finished my freshman year. I dated two guys throughout the year, both in my grade. I had a few Senior friends that graduated that I’d eat lunch with every now and then. There was one Senior that I have had a crush on like the whole year, and it was obvious he liked me too. He is 19. I am 15.
We’ve talked about it, and he won’t date me until I’m 18 due to the age difference and it being illegal and all. He said I can date up until then because he doesn’t want to ruin my high school experience.
I recently found out from another senior friend, that he still likes her. He told me that he’s confused about her and his feeling being somewhere between sister or more, but that he likes me in a girlfriend way an de he wants me to move in with him when I’m 18/19.
I guess I’m just wanting reassurance that it’s okay for us to talk every day like we do and that the age difference is OK. If you all need more details just ask, all opinions are welcome. Thanks :)
Be Smart, Be Brave:)

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Older Guy
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 05:35:17 AM »
Talking all the time may be a bit "dangerous" as you guys would be playing with fire in some way. But is he leaving for college? Because if that's the case then you would only be talking and i think that's ok. But if you see him all the time you guys might end up doing something, in which case I'd put a bit of distance

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:20:49 PM »
In addition to what LinkleBlue said, don’t be naive. No one will wait 3-4 years to date someone. You or he will move on.
Always glad to help!

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:20:49 PM »

Offline Mi-Time

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:23:36 PM »
In addition to what LinkleBlue said, don’t be naive. No one will wait 3-4 years to date someone. You or he will move on.

See that’s one of my concerns, I know I’m willing to try to wait that whole time but I’d probably still date a little bit between now and then.

Offline Mi-Time

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 10:25:33 PM »
Talking all the time may be a bit "dangerous" as you guys would be playing with fire in some way. But is he leaving for college? Because if that's the case then you would only be talking and i think that's ok. But if you see him all the time you guys might end up doing something, in which case I'd put a bit of distance

And in addition to this as well, he’s enlisting in the military as a combat medic. We don’t get to see each other and hang out a lot now that it’s summer and he’s graduated but we still text a lot.

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 06:00:59 AM »
I see. Well in my opinion, you two don't lose anything with this agreement. Both of you are allowed to date other people until you become of age. A LOT can happen in this couple of years, you may find that you don't want to be with him anymore after you grow up, or viceversa, but I think what you guys are doing is ok! If it works great, if it doesn't you lose nothing!