Author Topic: OBGYN visit  (Read 85 times)

Offline callisto

• View Profile
OBGYN visit
« on: July 08, 2019, 12:25:59 PM »
Hi all, so I’m 20 and I need to see my OBGYN because I’m worried about possibly having an infection but I’m about to go on vacation with my family. I’ve just gotten the nerve to tell my mom I need to go, but she doesn’t know the real reason I need to go. What are some things I can do to help ease the worry and discomfort until I can get to the doctor?

Offline Nicjane

• View Profile
Re: OBGYN visit
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:28:45 AM »
What sort of infection are you worried about?? If it’s thrush then you can get over the counter medication. If it’s a suspected STI then you need to get that sorted ASAP as it can if left untreated affect fertility

Offline callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
Well, I’m not sure. I’ve had what seems like a mild yeast infection and it’s just been coming and going for months now. But the thing is, I dealt with a sexually coercive guy seven months ago. So I don’t know, it may not be a yeast infection. I have another post about all that on a different board, so I’ll leave it here.

Is there is anything I should be doing until I can get to the doctor since I don’t know for sure what it might be?

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »

Offline Nicjane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:35 PM »
You can try the anti fungal medication which you can get from the chemist & see if this eases your symptoms......however I would encourage you to get to the doctor or sexual health clinic (which is all confidential and often work on a drop in basis) as soon as you can for tests to rule out anything more sinister.

Offline callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »
Ok thank you. I’ll try that for the time being and head over to the doctor once I get a chance.