Author Topic: Boyfriends baby mom  (Read 255 times)

Offline eam27

• View Profile
Boyfriends baby mom
« on: August 08, 2019, 05:15:18 pm »
I have recently just got engaged to my boyfriend, he has a child with his ex, now I’m just wondering
1. When should we tell her we’re engaged?

Also, we often talk about money, because we’re sharing it now we’re getting married, he never tells me if he has to give her more for any reason. I wouldn’t be bothered that he has to do it, I know he’s doing it for his child but I don’t know why he won’t tell me if there’s extra to pay? I seen on a message her asking for money for Disney on Ice tickets and he’s giving it to her but hasn’t mentioned a thing to me. Surely I should know or not?

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
Re: Boyfriends baby mom
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:59:30 pm »
You should set things straight with your boyfriend and discuss your budget. It’s important to know what budget your facing because it determines your lifestyle and what you can afford or not. Tell him that know that you guys are combining your money, it’s important for you that you both share with each other what expenses you are gonna make to make sure to stay on budget. And tell him you would like to know how much he gives his child so that way you can get an idea of the budget along with the bills.

And about his child finding out about you 2, just let it go nice and easy. Maybe drop down hints or questions like “How would you like it if I married your dad?” Or just say “when 2 people love each other they get married you know” small hints like that way the child doesn’t think your stealing their dad. Explain that her  dad should be able to marry and still be with her. That no matter what he will never abandon her, and that you will never take him away.

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Boyfriends baby mom
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 10:39:24 am »
I think if you guys make a budget and stick with it, the only reason he didn't mention the tickets was because he didn't think it was important. As long as he's paying what he has to pay in your house, then what he does with the money he has left is basically his deal.
Also, I think you should let him tell his child he's getting married.