Author Topic: Embarassing ?  (Read 713 times)

Offline ?Meg?

• View Profile
Embarassing ?
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »
My friends dad sometimes comes  to pick us up at school with the top down on his sports car and waits in the middle or front of the school lanes. It is really embarassing to my other friend that goes home with us and to me too. Today he was waiting for us and his bright red car, sat in the middle with everyone looking at it. we decided to wait till our friend got out of school instead of wait inside the car while everyone is looking and laughing. She came out late as always and we made up an excuse why we couldn't go home with her. My friends mom totally understood and picked us up. He does this very often and it's very embarrassing what can I do to stop him? How would I tell my friend? We don't know when he picks us up and if we did and never went home with him if he picked up he would know it is because of him.  Also I am getting mad that my friend walks out of school 10-15 min late every day because I have things to do. What should I say to her? I am afraid to say something to her because she doesn't get to see her dad that often because her parents are divorced.
Megan

Offline Youngone

• View Profile
Re: Embarassing ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »
wow :O
ok so the first thing I think you should do is firstly tell your own parents or mum the problem.
maybe just pretend to joke around abit saying you have things to do and that she should hurry up.
but with your friends dads car, well maybe say you have allergies to pollen or some thing ?

Offline Del

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 02:52:39 am »
Personally, I feel like this isn't something to be very embarrassed about. Stay at your locker a few minutes later after school to avoid awkwardly waiting in the car but why does it matter so much that her dad has a flashy car? Good for him for being able to afford one.

Offline ?Meg?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:37:12 am »
Personally, I feel like this isn't something to be very embarrassed about. Stay at your locker a few minutes later after school to avoid awkwardly waiting in the car but why does it matter so much that her dad has a flashy car? Good for him for being able to afford one.
I know I thought the same thing and I was Happy for him when he told us he got a new car. I just don't get why kids are staring and laughing?! I don't like attention so I start to feel uncomfortable:/ he is really nice and I appreciate he picks us up but some kids can be so judgmental.

Offline TonOfHats

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:01:26 am »
Why would anybody laugh? He is a cool Dad by the sounds of it!
Are you sure they laugh at you or maybe something else?
Don't feel embarassed, that car sounds great and you should feel honoured to ride in it, the only time a lot of my friends caught a ride like that to school was when they hired one for prom.
Also you could ask her why she comes out late every day, what do you have to do that is so important that you can't wait 10-15 minutes for your friend?

Offline ?Meg?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »
I have sports and can't be late. Lots of homework and have to get my mom from work. In my case time is precious and i can't waste minutes when I get home from school.