Author Topic: TTC frustrating Hubby  (Read 937 times)

Offline Leelee87

• View Profile
TTC frustrating Hubby
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »
Hubby is 32 and I'm 25 we got married 3 months ago- prior to this hubby tells me how he so badly wanting a child - he is getting older etc etc etc!!! 3 months Before we got married we went off pill, so we could start TTC! Now I'm vocal about my fertile window and really trying as I know how happy it would make us! Hubby says last night it's frustrating me talking about ovulation, fertility eyc etc. I feel like giving up! Just causing stress! He made me excited about it, but would prefer I keep it to myself - and not speak about it! :-( its frustrating

Offline MrsForde

• View Profile
Re: TTC frustrating Hubby
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »
My hubby is the same way. He is afraid to get excited each month because he doesn't want to be let down. I say if we have to go though it so do they! Lol I told him that it's not fair for me to have to focuse on it everyday and all he has to do is have sex so the least he could do is listen to me and my concerns and be supportive as I put my body through the ringer. It's all about communication. Tell him how you feel about what he said, but do it in a cool calm discussion. Men think you are attacking them when you tell them how you feel. Good luck sweetie!! Hope you conceive soon!!

Offline ytsim81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
We have been TTC for 29months. My husband is at the same point. We are on our soon to third round of fertility. It can consume you. I'm at the point of giving up because I feel like in in it alone.

Offline Rileysmom7603

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
It sounds like you guys just started trying recently. So i  wouldnt worry about anything yet. And talking about ovulation and fertility is NOT sexy! You should know your cycle and try to sex things up during that time. Don't make sex feel like work or else he will start turning it down.  Just initiate more often during your fertile window but don't talk about what's going on with your body. Trust me! It will make it more fun!

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
I agree 100% with the last comment. Men Seem to always want sex but seem to feel that u won't want it anymore after your fertile period. So just work out ur dates and do some extra work in making him want sex and not make it feel like it has to happen here and now caus it will feel like a job not a fun experience i promise it will work n u will be pregnan in no time!!!

Offline Leelee87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »
Thanks Girls, I agree exactly that it isn't sexy! Been finding that with him! I'll just sex it up n not talk about it :-( I just want to share in the journey! Men are so different haha

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »
The very best thing a friend of mine was told to do when ttc naturally by her gyno (she was 39 at the time) was to have s*x from the 3rd day after your period then continue once a day for around 9-12 days after that!! Maybe try that??? Or the easiest way is to use ovulation strips I'm in Australia n I buy mine off pregnancy shop online they r really cheap and work!  I've got 3 little squirts running around!!! I fell pregnant within the first 3 months of using them So they do work!!!

Offline Leelee87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 03:10:40 AM »
Thankyou!! I'm in Syd :-) great advice I will try it

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:53 AM »
Good luck and keep me posted!!