Author Topic: Plz read if u r ttc!!!!  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
Plz read if u r ttc!!!!
« on: January 17, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
I am starting to sound like a broken record on here with everyone asking the best way to conceive a baby. So I decided to start a post with my experience in conceiving.

Now a lot of people on here swear by preconception vitamins, they didn't work for me as they made me very sick due to the high amount of folic acid in them which can make you very squeamish all day.

I personally swear by ovulation strips i fell pregnant twice using them within the first 3 months of actively trying and using the strips.

They are super cheap online compared to store brought kits I get 50 strips for about $ 25 aud and I also buy my pregnancy strips off the site too.

And they are super easy to use all you need to do is start testing a few days after your period has finished and test everyday till a faint pink line appears once the pink line is there and when only faint this is your window of opportunity to start trying for the next 4 or so days!

Hopefully after the first try you are pregnant if not and u r using the strips properly then it shouldn't take long for that long awaited double line on the pregnancy test to appear!!!

Good luck and I hope this helps some of you lovely ladies!!! Xxxx

I'm in Australia and I use pregnancy shop online!

Offline TheMrsHolmes

• View Profile
Re: Plz read if u r ttc!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »
Hey!
I'm taking pre conception vitamins, they dont make me sick, however they are a bit pricey. Have been taking them for 1 full cycle so far. They are his and hers so 30 for me 30 for hubby and they cost £20! Fingers crossed they work for me :-)

So you use fertility strips rather than ovulation predictors? May try them this cycle, do u just use cheap ones then?!

And also were u on the pill or anything before?! Sorry 21 questions I know!! xx

Offline MrsForde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
I am doing the strips this cycle! I am actually starting it tonight!! I can't wait! I'm so excited about it! This may be just what I need to make sure we are having sex on the right days! I'm taking regular womens vitamins since they are cheaper than pre natal ones and basically have the same stuff. Good luck ladies!!!!

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:32:17 PM »
No I wasn't on the pill or anything before I started trying for my 2 youngest boys and I didn't take any vitamins at all with them but I did with my first  son and I stopped cause I got sick. I was also on the pill previously with my first. And my 3 were big babies and very healthy without the vitamins my first was 3.6kg 2nd 4.5 kg and 3rd 4.6kg I think in pound that's around 10 pound??
If u buy online most places are cheap as they arnt packaged In a pretty box they usually just come individually wrapped. And u can buy in bulk instead of store brought ones where u just get 5 strips!

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »
Basically the only 2 vitamins u need for ur baby is folic acid and fish oil for brain development all the other vitamins are basically just for mum to have energy and healthy!!!

Offline Lisa12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
Hi with the ovulation strips how many times a day did you test and what time thanks

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
Ok so I just opened the pack of tests I got last week I'm not ttc just yet. So instructions say that some woman find best results to test after noon so anytime in the afternoon BUT test At same time each day also says start testing on day 11 after period but that is on a 28 day cycle so u could start earlier or later of ur cycle was longer/shorter. Hope that helps!!

Offline Josie89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
I buy mine off eBay you get 40 ovulation strip and 20 pregnancy strips in the same pack for $15.55 Australian dollars so cheap as this is my first month trying them as af came today :(

Offline Danni82

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
I have asked once before but no respone about ovulation tests, so I'm glad that u have posted this? I live in aus but all ovulation test are abit pricey in the chemists here, so just a quick question which site did u get ur sripts from? We have been ttc for 12 months nowfor baby no: 2 & stil nothing! I hope this works, good luck to all hope it works for us as it did for u!

Offline likescooking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »
Hi teahne, I live in Aus too and just wanted to say thanks for the tip about pregnancy shop, online. Heaps cheaper for ovulation strips! :-)

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »
I know! I have been very surprised that no one uses ovulation strips and no one even suggests to anyone to use them that's why I postd this cause I felt like every 2 seconds I was posting the same thing to questions about ttc bla bla u no how they all go! And I really believe this is the simplest, easiest and quickest way to become pregnant! I buy mine off pregnancy shop online.

Offline TheMrsHolmes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 03:30:52 AM »
Thank u! So fertility strips just tell you when your fertile rather than ovulate?! They are a lot cheaper than ovulations tests so will give them a try. My cycles seem to be all over the place after the pill so am going to get some and just start testing from when AF stops! Thank u :-)! I hope they work!! x

Offline Teahne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 03:53:23 AM »
No worries like I said I am extremely surprised that no one has tried them or even offered that advice as obviously it is the easiest way to work out when u are define rely ovulation so easier to conceive!!! Good luck I hope they work!!!

Offline TTC#2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 04:55:25 AM »
Thanks for your advice this is definatly my next step I've tried the vitamins and they havnt helped though I'm only getting my periods every 6 weeks which makes it hard we have been ttc for a year and a half now and it's just so hard so are fertility strips different to ovulation strips? Sorry that's proly a stupid question but I'm so desperate for my second baby!

Offline Baileylane317

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 05:02:50 AM »
Hi, thanks for the advice, I've been trying ovulation strips this month but haven't got my positive yet and I'm on day 18 supposedly due on 29th jan. I've been testing every afternoon as the packet says but still nothing. I'd expected to see something by now. I only stopped the pill in November and have had 2 periods that seem pretty regular so I'm not really sure what's happening? Any ideas? Thanks x