Author Topic: Concieve?? After depo??  (Read 402 times)

Offline Marlamarie456

• View Profile
Concieve?? After depo??
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
I've been trying to concieve for about 8 or 9 months now. I was on the depo shot for 1 year and now I just can't seem to get prego. Has anyone else gone through the same thing??!!

Offline shylachambers

• View Profile
Re: Concieve?? After depo??
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »
I was on depo on and off for awhile and now my husband and I have been trying to have a baby but I won't get pregnant..I've gone to the doctor and they've told me my eggs and everything is ok..so I'm not a 100% sure why..I hope that helped a little..cause I thought I was the only one.

Offline JSax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »
Hi! I am in the same situation except I only had one shot as I didn't wish to be pregnant on my wedding day and wanted to start trying on our honeymoon. It has been six months without success but my periods have been regular for my past two cycles. I'm going to try an OPK and see how that works out. I did do a lot of research and after being on depo it takes on average 15months to conceive :( long time I know but I think once your body is ovulating again you should be right to go. Hope this helps And good luck ladies xx

Offline Marlamarie456

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »
Thank you :) I have been off for almost a year and alot of other women on chats say they had the same problem with trying to concieve and it took almost two years to concieve. So I know it's a lengthy process but I feel like its so easy for my friends to get prego and I'm just not having any luck. And my past period was pretty short and my ribs got really sore for some reason which normally never happens. So I'm just hoping everything is okay and just can't wait for a test to finally come up positive. Best of luck to both of you :)

Offline Shaza86

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:23:05 AM »
Hi everyone :) I'm the same also, my last depo shot was last year in may and still haven't got back my regular cycles but I saw some hope this month finally ovulating. My partner and I want to start trying very soon and hopefully getting a positive result, but since I took the one and only shot in may I've put on a stack of weight and it's so hard to lose, it's like glue lol. They should put a huge warning sign on the injection I think.

Offline Marlamarie456

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Baby dust to all you ladies!! It's very hard to loose the weight and concieve after that da** shot!! Wish I wouldn't of known before I took it!! That's one bc they should not have on the market!!!

Offline Together4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:21 PM »
I was lucky and was able to get pregnant 5 months after being off the depo. Unfortunately it ended up in a miscarriage, which I have read many other woman get miscarriages after the depo shot. Hopefully not true for you ladies! Just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant so I'm really hoping this one sticks

Offline Marlamarie456

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »
Best of luck!!!!! And I've read that too. I hope it sticks!!!! I'm hoping for a pos soon :)