Author Topic: Sex with my boyfriend  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Loveme

• View Profile
Sex with my boyfriend
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:25:08 am »
My boyfriend doesn't have as high of a sex drive as I, i'd prefer to be intimate several times a week but I'm lucky to get that intimacy from him twice a month (if that) what can I do to change that?  (He's not cheating, that's a fact) he's very modest. I on the other hand am not. We've been together for a year and i've never seen him nude in daylight only in the dark. He only initiates sex in the middle of the night. Yes, he wakes me up to have sex. I'm not all that into it when I've just been woke up but that's the only time I get to be intimate with him. I'm a very sexual person  but feel like I have to be reserved with him so he doesn't feel overwhelmed. What should I do? HELP! 

Offline beyonce961

• View Profile
Re: Sex with my boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:00:53 am »
You shouldn't focus on sex really. This is probably really helping you whether you notice or not because it's helping you stay more controlled with your sexual cravings. And your boyfriend probably just isn't that comfortable with it but that should be okay with you if you really care about him and just tell him how you feel about the way he is with his sexual needs. Tell him you don't really like that he isn't as intimate as you want him to be and also that you don't like being woken up just because he wants to have sex. Don't try to make it so frequent but just tell him your thoughts on it. Hope I helped sorry this is so long

Offline Loveme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:16:17 am »
That does help but I guess I just don't understand why... I've never been with a man that didn't want to have sex with me or wasn't affectionate. He hardly ever shows me affection and I feel unwanted most of the time.

Offline Jojominx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:13 am »
Well from what u have said I don't think the problem is that he doesn't love u or isn't attracted to u it sounds like he is very self conscious and maybe ur overt sexual nature is a little intimidating I used to be just like him not so long ago cos my partner is very sexual and on the inside so was i but just didn't know how to let that side of myself out but my partner helped me alot to come out of my shell what helped me was him explaining to me that he didn't care what my body looked like or what flaws I thought I had as long as I had confidence and made sex fun and not a big deal then it was all ok he would make it like a fun game and a good app is karma sutra that really helped tell him you want to do these things because u love him and want to be as close as two people can be and the affection thing I understand too I can't give u insight on his reasons but for me I was not given any affection as a child and growing up so when I got in relationships it felt very foreign and uncomfortable at first to be affectionate or even receive affection be patient with him and have talks ?