Author Topic: My Love Story. . . Sucks.  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Aventura1

• View Profile
My Love Story. . . Sucks.
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
So to Begin with, I am currently 18 going on 19 pretty soon. My story begins when I was 14. I met this incredible guy. My best friend to this day. We started dating on May 7, 2007. It only lasted a year and nine months. Too long, for the age I was, don't you think? I ended it for many reasons. One was I was growing up and thinking different. The more I pushed him away the more home became attached to me. We went our separate ways :( which I regret really bad. And as we all know " we don't know what we have until we lose it". I hate I had to learn the hard way. He is know living with his new girl and her kid. Well they live with his mom. Same thing. The problem is.... We still haven't let each other go. He knows how I feel for him and I respect his relationship. To me he's basically married, even thought they are not. But it's sad to say I still have strong feelings for him. And he feels the same way. So my question is, if he feels the way he does... Why is he still insisting in being a father to a kid whos not his at such a young age? Why is he just skipping his whole teenage-young man life? I really saw him with a bright future. Really smart guy. Just not in that aspect. The girl puts him through some tough times. and I'm always here to tell him it'll be ok. It's just like marriage problems they'll have to go through and grow from it. I really miss him though. I just keep my distance. But all of this is happening thanks to me. I'm the one to blame. I need help in getting him off my mind. I know what I have to do butI just can't leave our friendship behind because we grew up together. I was there for him and got him through his worst days. The saddest was is fathers death. And he's helped me out so much. We've been there for each other. And he still needs me. I'll stop talking to him but we wind up communicating one way or another. Last night I was praying that I'd forget all the memories and to get some sign of things getting better. Next thing you know, he texts me. I told him about it. He said maybe it means He should be in my life. I replied, maybe he was testing me to see if I could resist staying away from you. And I failed. I'm tired if waiting for him. Maybe it's best I move away? Not running away from my problems. But just starting fresh. It helped me once.

Offline Tubbs

• View Profile
Re: My Love Story. . . Sucks.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
Sry to hear tht go with ur heart if u feal brave tell him the truth -best wishes

Offline Aventura1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »
Thanks tubbs(: I'm actually doing pretty good right now. Maybe letting it out helped. And he knows how I feel but I don't know what's going on in his head. Oh well. His loss(:

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »

Offline Del

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
The best thing you can do Is let go completely. Which I know will be extremely difficult in this situation but it will help you I promise. Give each other space for a while. The only way you can have a healthy friendship is if you no longer have feelings for him cause that's also not fair to his new girlfriend.  I know this is hard to hear but in my experience it's the only way you'll feel better.

Offline Aventura1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »
Del, you're right. And I haven't talked with him. As hard as it is I'm trying my best and I know it's not fair at all for her but I'm not the one looking for him. He keeps in touch with me and I try to respond only as a friend. Cause that's what friends are for but I know I know. :/ only time will tell! (: thanks though

Offline Tubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »
Np and u go girl his loss ur gain u will find ur love some day and if
It's him he will come to u ;)