Author Topic: Did i twist or sprain my ankle?  (Read 145164 times)

Offline Horselover123

• View Profile
Did i twist or sprain my ankle?
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
I Hurt my ankle on Tuesday while playing soccer. It is slightly bruised and hurts when I walk, at night, and in the morning. I have been walking on it all the time (I can't be in one place for to long, it bugs me) sometimes it pops when I move it. Can somebody help me?

Offline Mjmrn32283

• View Profile
Re: Did i twist or sprain my ankle?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »
First. You need to go see a doctor. Until you do you need to elevate your ankle to reduce swelling, ice it and try to stay off of it. I have broken a bone in my foot/ankle and could still walk. So please go to the doctor if for nothing but piece of mind and adequate medical attention. Good luck :)

Offline emma_bear15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
I play soccer too. A few years ago I tore my ligament and fractured my growth plate and have chronic ankle sprain. If it's swollen my might want to go get an X-ray. I sprained my ankle last week and it's not swollen and it's slightly bruised and it pops too so you should be fine just keep icing it and put a brace on it or wrap it when you walk, run, play ect

Offline Beeurselfie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 01:21:50 AM »
Soccer is hard on your knees and ankles. When jumping up and down do your knees go inward or out?  It is a good idea to have a doctor look at your LCL (lateral collateral ligament) in your knee while also looking at your ankle. When we roll our ankles the amount if force that is placed on the outside of the knee could cause damage to the LCL leading to trouble down the road. Prolotherapy (get prolo.com) can help with ligament laxity and/or sprain. Avoid NSAIDs. (Motrin, Aspirin, Advil).  Heat is best when you have an injury as our bodies heal by inflammation and reducing that may take the body longer to heal that injury. Heat is your friend. Epsom salt soak is good. Water is good to flush out the bad inflammation. You will want to see a good therapist to help with strengthening. There is a good website to search for therapists at, kinetacore.com.  I hope your ankle gets better!