Author Topic: I need to lose weight any help pls  (Read 501 times)

Offline AyoOkaren

• View Profile
I need to lose weight any help pls
« on: May 02, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
Hey girls, I'm 19 years old and I weight 135.5 I use to be 127.0 and I will like to go back to my regular weight I'm not happy with how I look and because of it I always feel miserable... Sometimes I think is the stress that make me thick and get hungry but I'm not sure I need some ideas or extrem exercise that can help me gain my confidence back:( thank you!!

Offline Kirkielou

• View Profile
Re: I need to lose weight any help pls
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
Hi I also had this battle u found if you eat little meals 4 times a day with good healthy exercise maybe even a class or 2 it can get there in still working at mine but to help in the mean time go get your hair or nails done, pamper yourself there's nothing worse when your trying to loose weight and Not feeling sexy give it a go huge confidence builder. As for classes see of they do power yoga anywhere near you. I swear my butt changed shape in 2 classes and my posture is great also a good laugh the first few times :) hope this helps x

Offline rocknroll22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Hey girls, I'm 19 years old and I weight 135.5 I use to be 127.0 and I will like to go back to my regular weight I'm not happy with how I look and because of it I always feel miserable... Sometimes I think is the stress that make me thick and get hungry but I'm not sure I need some ideas or extrem exercise that can help me gain my confidence back:( thank you!!

My advice. Firstly, don't worry too much because you'll be upset if you don't lose weight as much as you want. I have recently lose about 28 pounds myself. Here's what i did.. I change the way i eat. I loveeee to snack around. Don't change that habit, just turn it down a notch and eat something healthy like fruits and i myself love carrots. And carrots makes you feel full. For breakfast i ate stir fried tofu with olive oil, oatmeal, or wheat bread. Don't use regular cooking oil. I recommend either extra light (not extra virgin) olive oil or corn oil. For lunch i eat a lot of proteins such as chicken fillet, steak (pick those that have less fat) or fish. I usually like to eat it with a big bowl of salad (but watch the dressing, control it). Be sure to lessen your carbs intake. No white rice, potatoes, noodles.. Substitute it with brown/ red rice or wheat bread. Eat as much veggies as you want. For dinner i usually ate another bowl of salad or a lot of fruits.

Be sure to exercise!! It depends how fast you want to lose weight. I love doing intense exercise like cycling classes (known as RPM) or body combat. If you want to lose it gradually, just hv a jog like an hour everyday and lift some weights a little to tone your body.

What you must remember, never ever ever ever starve yourself. It'll make it harder to lose weight coz you'll be craving for everything soon enough. Secondly, if you want to eat something really really bad, have it!! But just a bite or two. If your exercise is quite intense it's easier for you to lose weight and that bite or two wouldn't affect you that much.

Be sure to enjoy your diet!! Make it fun!

Hope it helps!!!

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »

Offline MrsG123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:41:49 AM »
Hi, I've tried many different diets & found the best way that I lose weight is to eat less. Don't deny yourself anything just eat smaller portion sizes or substitute breakfast with a protein shake if u want. I also try to exercise 3 times a week. Everyone is different though & what works for some doesnt  Necissarily work For others. It is important to find out What works for you & what Health foods & exercise you enjoy as well as what fits in with your lifestyle. Good luck & all the best ; )

Offline Smiles45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »
Hey! I was in the exact spot your in and still kinda am. I lost 20 pounds and more to go but all it really is, is MOTIVATION!! I still eat what ever I want any time i want and still lose it. All I do is run everyday for 30minutes I also do little exercises here and there, but trust me it helps a lot! It's even better to eat healthy you lose more weight and its good for your health.

Offline winyeropal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
What ever you do DON'T starve yourself I done that for a little while and it worked really well, (I skipped lunch), when I went back to eating normally in the half term I put on a lot of weight. This is because all my fat reserves held back so I put on weight as soon as I started eating normally. Try not eating chocolate and junk food. Go for a run and you'll feel great, to tighten up your stomach do some sit ups each night. To tighten up your legs do squats, lunges and try running up the stairs 3-4 steps at a time.
Hope I helped- Amelia xx

Offline katiebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 07:56:06 AM »
Switch over to a healthier diet, so more fruit and veg, carbs for about 50% of your diet and minimum fats - no ice-cream, chocolate, juice (not actually fat but high sugar) and sweets regularly.

Make sure you exercise regularly, if your not a big sports person do walking but keep it at a brisk pace. Don't dawdle.

Also don't do any diets or skip meals. You can also get an app My Fitness Pal which you fill in daily with exercise and the foods you eat. You can access this online as well.

Good luck
xx Katiebear