Author Topic: Any Vegetarians Out There? :D  (Read 3444 times)

Offline MaggieBug

• View Profile
Re: Any Vegetarians Out There? :D
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
Oh, I know. That's kinda how it is for me right now though. The frozen meals lol. Unless, of course, I cook something for myself. But, Amy's Kitchen makes really good frozen meals, so I can't really complain. And, no. I've never tried boca burgers. Are they good? :)

Oh yeah I have had some of those Amy's meals! The pesto tortellini is soooooooo good :)
And yes! So if your family ever does BBQ's and you feel left out see if you can get some! They onion flavored ones are the best (my opinion) and there rated pretty high on nutritional value on the app fooducate (a B+ from a scale of C- to B+)

Offline DarkPrincess95

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 12:44:45 AM »
I will most definetly be checking them out. Thank you! :D

Oh, and speaking of "burgers", lol I made some ohh sooo delish tofu burgers today!! ^_^

Offline MaggieBug

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »
I will most definetly be checking them out. Thank you! :D

Oh, and speaking of "burgers", lol I made some ohh sooo delish tofu burgers today!! ^_^
What did ya put on them?? :)

Offline DarkPrincess95

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »
Well, after freezing my tofu for 24 hours (it changes the texture of the tofu), I took it out and let it thaw. Once it's completely thawed I try to squeeze as much water out as possible. Then, I just crumble and smash (either with a fork, or your hands). Then, I seasoned with a little salt & pepper, garlic, chopped onion, finely chopped (smashed) nuts (any kind will do lol), paprika, chopped oregano, chili powder, a little cayenne, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, and just a couple drops of red wine vineger, and flour (to help it all stick). Then, when you go to form your patties, sprinkle a little flour on your hands (that helps to keep it from sticking to you lol). Then, just drizzle a little olive oil in your pan, and start cooking! :D

Offline MaggieBug

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 12:49:47 AM »
Well, after freezing my tofu for 24 hours (it changes the texture of the tofu), I took it out and let it thaw. Once it's completely thawed I try to squeeze as much water out as possible. Then, I just crumble and smash (either with a fork, or your hands). Then, I seasoned with a little salt & pepper, garlic, chopped onion, finely chopped (smashed) nuts (any kind will do lol), paprika, chopped oregano, chili powder, a little cayenne, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, and just a couple drops of red wine vineger, and flour (to help it all stick). Then, when you go to form your patties, sprinkle a little flour on your hands (that helps to keep it from sticking to you lol). Then, just drizzle a little olive oil in your pan, and start cooking! :D

Oh man that sounds so delicious!

Offline DarkPrincess95

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
Ohhh they were!!! ^_^

And, then you just get some buns, your choice of condiments, some lettuce, tomato, etc. I preferr spinach on mine x3

Offline HermioneGrangerRox

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:57 AM »
Hi! So i'm not vegetarian, but I would like to know what types of protein do u eat if u don't eat meat? And i'm not being mean it anything to vegetarians or anything but if I had to live without meat I would die!!

Offline DarkPrincess95

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
Well, really, everything you eat contains some amount/form of protein in it. But, for vegetarians to get enough protein, they can eat tofu, beans, nuts/seeds, eggs (if you're a lacto-ovo vegetarian, which eat eggs and dairy products), and, there are certain veggies that carry more protein as well :)

Offline RunningIris

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
I'm not a  vegetarian I just foods that are organic

Offline HermioneGrangerRox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:30 AM »
So ur nearly a vegan

Offline RunningIris

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
I'm not a vegaterin I'm a organicatrin so I eat organic foods but idk what organicatrin is I just kinda made it up I'm Sher there's no such thing as organicatrin

Offline ilovetohelp

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »
Hey, I'm a 17 year old vegetarian and I'm just wondering why you guys chose to change your lifestyles? I'd like to learn the reason why. Oh and btw to the person who asked how we get enough protein,, the answer is rather simple. If you look at your protein consumption for the average day I will guarantee you that you get way more than your daily recomemded amount. Vegetarians simply don't get too much.

Offline DarkPrincess95

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »
No, I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I still eat eggs and dairy products. Though, I have been thinking about just going vegan. And, I chose to change the way I eat, not only because I have a love for animals, but because the taste of meat made me nauseous. And, I am also 17 ^_^

Offline RunningIris

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
I gess I changed to organic foods cause I gess pressed foods can harm your bodey so that's why I changed to organics

Offline KK-Kellie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »
I've been a vegetarian for 5 years.
When my family has meals that are not vegetarian friendly,or I need something fast before work, my go to are the morning star products. I can almost get anything that kind of matches my fam. From pasta to burgers to breakfast to lasagna. :)