Author Topic: Waxing and shaving  (Read 38189 times)

Offline SrfGrl

• View Profile
Waxing and shaving
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
I'm 13 and I used to shave my legs. I haven't shaved then in like 2 months. I hate shaving my legs so I asked my mom to buy me wax. She both me some but I'm scared. It hurts. Doesn't it?! My mom said she doesn't understand why I shave or wax or whatever, because I'm only 13. I know! I completly agree with my mom. But if my legs are "hairy" my classmates make fun of me. Well, they don't really make fun of me, they just bug me and say things like: "OMG! You should totally shave your legs. Your legs look like a boy's." No they don't! Also there's this guy who goes to the same school as me (,but he's a year older) who I sort of have a crush on.

Offline Runnergirl14

• View Profile
Re: Waxing and shaving
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
I'm 13 and I used to shave my legs. I haven't shaved then in like 2 months. I hate shaving my legs so I asked my mom to buy me wax. She both me some but I'm scared. It hurts. Doesn't it?! My mom said she doesn't understand why I shave or wax or whatever, because I'm only 13. I know! I completly agree with my mom. But if my legs are "hairy" my classmates make fun of me. Well, they don't really make fun of me, they just bug me and say things like: "OMG! You should totally shave your legs. Your legs look like a boy's." No they don't! Also there's this guy who goes to the same school as me (,but he's a year older) who I sort of have a crush on.
In my opinion, you shouldn't wax, I would shave. I'm 14 and I've been shaving since I was 12. My little sister is 11 and she shaves. She wanted to when she was 10, but my mom wouldn't let her. I never even wanted to until I was almost 13. If you're 13 now and you don't feel like you need to shave then don't! Do it for you and not for anyone else. If you just want to let the hair on your legs grow then go for it. Do whatever feels comfortable for you :)

Offline SrfGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »
Thanx 4 answering! ;)
So I won't shave my legs, because that doesn't bother me at all, but what should I do with the hair 'downstairs'? :S That really bothers me! And I feel so uncomfertable when I wear my bathing suit.

Offline sweetcaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
if u get a bikini wax, it hurts the first few times but honestly depends on whos doing it
i think its worth it. ur hair doesnt grow in thicker and eventually gets thinner or doesnt grow back
u feel cleaner and have to take care of it less often

Offline Agl23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
If you feel like shaving, do it because you dont have to unhappy with the way you look.. I used to be hairy to and had a bad time specially at school until i started shaving. I dont recomend you to shave your underparts because it would look bad when it starts growing again, so wax!! What i did is that i went to the lasser waxing and its the best thing id ever done!! It change my life because you forget about those things forever!! Its expensive but it is worth!! I hope this helps you

Offline SrfGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »
Laser waxing? I heard that hurts more then regular waxing. Doesn't it? Do a lot of people do that?

Offline Ilovesoftball01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »
So then does waxing hurt because i could honestly shave everyday but my mom said i should wax because its not good for me to shave everyday so i guess i going to start waxing and i want to know if it hurts:/

Offline SrfGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 07:40:43 AM »
Yupp! It hurts. But only for a second, like a bandaid. I have never waxed my legs, but I tried it other places and it was totally worth it! Btw thanks everybody for your replys!

Offline Lizzy101

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
Waxing is %100 better than shaving, waxing pulls out the root of your hair and your hair dosent grow back for 4 weeks and it grows back thinner, if you shave it just cuts the hair off and it grows back thicker and blacker. I have been waxing for 3 years now and I can't feel a thing it only hurts the first couple times but if you go regularly then it won't hurt at all. Xx

Offline Stressybetty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »
Waxing is way better for you than shaving. It's does initially hurt on the first few strips but not enough to make your cry. Tips wise for waxing. Don't shower before. It sOftens the hair follicle and wax has nothing to grip. When doing your legs or any other body part put on a light dusting of talcum powder(baby powder) over  the area your waxing. Only use a tin layer of wax smearing it downwards and when pulling of the strip hold the skin and pull upwards. If your doing your bikini line use your under ware as an indicator to measure wher you want to remove the hair. Trim the hair down in length with a scissors. If it too long when you wax it will hurt. Use the talc powder again and cut out smaller wax strips for your bikini area as there easier to use than longer ones. Especially on the bikini line pull your skin taught in the opposite direction to the way you are pulling off the strip it will hurt less if you this.

Re shaving: Don't ever shave above your knee , your upper lip, eyebrows or your belly. Either wax or get laser treatment , Hair grows backer thicker and stronger when you shave.

Offline Elora

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »
I think hair removal cream is best for down there, it doesnt hurt, and u cant cut yourself and it lasts for a few weeks too!!

Offline katiebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
If you didn't want to wax or shave, have a look at epilators. It's a little machine that you run up your leg and it pulls out the hairs like electric tweezers! I've never shaved and only used this. It hurts the first few times hut then you get used to it.

Offline Agl23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:27 AM »
Laser waxing hurts less than normal waxing, but you go like for 10 sessions and you forget about waxing and shaving so for me it was the best thing i had ever done!!! And on the legs it doesnt hurts, the bikini area does hurts but less that usuall waxing... And it lasts like 7 years and then you go back just like for 3 sessions... Hope this helps!!! Dont shave!!! You hair would grow thicker... Good luck!!!

Offline SrfGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »
Thanks everybody! Btw my mom didn't let me go for laser waxing, but I tried regular waxing. I like it better then shaving, even though it hurts. But I'll get used to it. :)

Offline SrfGrl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 03:15:47 PM »
I tried an epilator, and it hurts! More then waxing. But I don't like waxing eighter afterall. I did my legs and I got all sticky.
So I was thinking of that laser waxing, but my mom said it's really expensive and she won't pay for it. But I can pay for it for myself. How much does it cost to get your legs and a bikini strip done?