Author Topic: Teen mums!  (Read 80458 times)

Offline Kiiara

• View Profile
Re: Teen mums!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss!! that's horrible!
and yeh I know what u mean I'm terrified I either won't be able to get pregnant or I'll lose the bub!
just hoping I get a BFP soon n it sticks! my fiancé wants a boy first lol but were not overly fazed! we have boy and girl names picked :)

Offline Rain6

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
Ohh noo that's terrible! I'm so sorry! Why can't all babies just stick! Hopefully u recover soon.
Kiiara: What names have u picked :) we like Romeo jaxon. I also like Shiloh and harlow for a girl ? Nothing definent though.

Offline Kiiara

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
It's so heartbreaking! Kylar Jack and Jaxon (Jax) James for boys and Lilly Rose and Ariah Jade for girls! :)

Offline Rain6

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
Oh wow we both like jaxon. It's such a cool name. I have a cousin called Lilly rose and my best friend just had a girl lily- with only one l. Nice names :) now we both just need our little bubbas. Are you going try any different methods this time to ttc?

Offline Meegankt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
I'm no teen anymore but I too wanted to be a young mum. A few years ago I was trying and had no luck so put plans on hold and at 26 it has only taken 3 months and I am now 8 weeks. I am also in Australia and recommend blackmores per-conception vitamin. 1.5mnths on it and I got the double blue line. Good luck girls.
Also on hiding the no alcohole (as sometimes it is less hassle to comply then explain) alcohole free sparkling can be brought at most supermarkets. A glass or two of that if no one reads the label could cover for one more BBQ.

Offline Kiiara

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
yeh I love our names :) I know Lilly is kind of a common name but I just love it! I'm thinking about opk's maybe in July if don't get a BFP!
congrats on your pregnancy :) might look into the blackmores thanks! :)

Offline Taurusgirl_91

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
Hey everyone! I have been ttc for 10 months now I'm 19 almost 20 and engaged. I just wanted to hear some stories of young mums, and what it's like? I've always wanted to be a young mum, also if anyone has any proven tips on ttc? Thanks heaps in advance :)

Hi Rain6, I was a teen mum, I was 17, gave birth 2 months before my 18th, lived with my now hubby and it wasnt planned (failed BC) =) it's hard work been a young mum. Well it's hard being a first time mum full stop. It's just adjusting your life and getting use to the fact that you don't only have to take of yourself anymore but you have to take care of your baby. Everything you do it done around your baby. I actually found it really easy in the beginning, it was when my son reached 4 months and was teething it became a bit frustrating but that's natural I guess =) I don't think there's actually much to it being a young mum. You're the same as any other woman with a child, you'd do everything they do I guess. I mean I lost friends because I was "tied down" but tbh I don't really care. I wasn't the type of girl that'd go out and get drunk and go clubbing etc anyway! It got a little lonely but I had my family and my hubby there. I just needed to find friends with babies =) which I have a nice little circle of friends with babies now. My life changed a lot but it wasnt as hard as id imagined it would be. I had good times and bad times but every mother does, my eldest is now 3yrs 4 months nearly, and we now have an 11month old and I wouldn't change a damn thing. The way I see it, I finished school, did a year at college and got my basic skills along side the course I did. I've put my studies on hold till the children are in full time school/part time nursery and I will go back to do an entry to nursing course at university or get a job. It's been a long thought out thing for me. And myself and my hubby give them everything we can and they need. It's always harder with your first but I must say that when the second came along it was sooo much easier because we knew what we were doing and stuff =) I love being a young mum, means I've met them early but I get to love them for longer =) (I would say hubby loves being a young dad but he's 33 lol)

P.S Im not saying I promote teen pregnancies either that's a whole other topic which I could go on writing forever about =)
P.P.S my own mum was a teen mum. She was a mum at 17 as well, she had my sister who is now 31 but her and my dad got married also before my sister was due =) they later went on to having another 3 children. Ages are; sister 31, brother 28, myself 21 and brother 17. Can't really say much about what her life was like as a teen mum because I don't really know =) but I know she was a little disappointed when I fell pregnant at 17 though because she thought we'd learn from her but on a way I have learnt from my mum. I've learnt the good things about being a teen mum =) I've learnt that it can be hard and challenging but there's nothing I'd rather do than bring my children up and be the best mum I can be!

Sorry it's long!

Offline Rain6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 10:34:30 PM »
I'm no teen anymore but I too wanted to be a young mum. A few years ago I was trying and had no luck so put plans on hold and at 26 it has only taken 3 months and I am now 8 weeks. I am also in Australia and recommend blackmores per-conception vitamin. 1.5mnths on it and I got the double blue line. Good luck girls.
Also on hiding the no alcohole (as sometimes it is less hassle to comply then explain) alcohole free sparkling can be brought at most supermarkets. A glass or two of that if no one reads the label could cover for one more BBQ.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! But yeah I like that idea of the alcohol free! Haha thanks. And I'll try that blackmores if I don't get my bfp in 5 days. We're can u buy it from? Thanks again

Offline Rain6

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 10:39:10 PM »
Taurus girl91. I agree that it doesn't matter how old u are it's still going to be hard. I like your st

Offline Rain6

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »
Taurus girl91. I agree that it doesn't matter how old u are it's still going to be hard. I like your story, it's good to hear positive, cause all my friends are still so against having kids. Thanks again - sorry about my last post, accidentally sent it

Offline Kiiara

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 11:21:11 PM »
I agree also just because your older doesn't mean you'll make a good mum! parents can be good or bad at any age!

Offline Meegankt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 03:34:00 AM »
I got the blackmores pre-conception from the local Woolworth store. You can probably get it from a decent chemist too. Xx

Offline Kiiara

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 05:56:35 AM »
I think I'll definitely gets some! what's in it?

Offline Lola86

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:30 AM »
Blackmores are good but after being on the preconception pills I began feeling nauseous immediately afterwards. There are 2 pills to take daily - the vitamin & the fish oil capsule & after a few days experimenting I discovered it was the fish oil component making me throw up. I have plenty of fish in my diet so just finished the vitamins & started taking folate by itself. I'm sure everyone is different but make sure u take them with food & know that there are other options if they don't agree with u :)
Now that I'm pregnant I'm still taking folate & my doctor recommended starting to take extra iron at some point too. Good luck!

Offline Taurusgirl_91

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
Taurus girl91. I agree that it doesn't matter how old u are it's still going to be hard. I like your story, it's good to hear positive, cause all my friends are still so against having kids. Thanks again - sorry about my last post, accidentally sent it

It's ok =) and that's just my personal views. Every first time mum no matter what the age are all in the same net so to speak, so who is anyone to criticise your age? Especially if you have everything you and your partner needs to bring a child in to the world.