Author Topic: Pointes<3  (Read 528 times)

Offline BalletDreams

• View Profile
Pointes<3
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:04:21 AM »
Hey, when I wear point├Ęs for ballet my feet always start bleeding, what types of tape is the best to use?<3

Offline rosieposie

• View Profile
Re: Pointes<3
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:53:09 AM »
I'm not a ballerina, I'm an army cadet but I bind my feet with zinc oxide tape when I'm on exercise. Hope that helps! xx

Offline BalletDreams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 05:04:01 AM »
Thankyou!<3 I'll try that, it's just every time I go onto points it leaves cuts and scars due to the timber. Thanks for the advice<3

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 05:04:01 AM »

Offline Riley_Clark-Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
My ballet partner and I both have pointe shoes but our feet don't bleed or get cut up or anything. I'm thinking that u need new shoes. Ones that fit better. Also, when u got urs was ur teacher/instructor there with u, or had u gotten some b-4 these. Sorry for all the questions it's just that I don't think ur feet r supposed to bleed in pointes. Hav ur feet stopped growing yet? B/c ur not supposed to get pointes until ur feet stop growing. It can lead to many many different correction surgeries to fix the near permanent damage done to ur feet if they grow when u wear them. And u r always growing. Until. Certain point in life, usually in early adolescent years.

Again srry for the questions it's just that there is so many things that can make ur feet bleed when u wear pointe shoes and I don't think that not wearing tape is one of them.

Offline BalletDreams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:09:23 AM »
I just recently turned 14, so I think that my feet have stopped growing. And my shoes might be too big for me and some of my friends have different brands to me, but their feet still bleed. And no she wasn't. And if it helps I think mine are Freeds.<3

Offline Riley_Clark-Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 09:02:02 AM »
Okay so first. Make sure ur feet hav completely stopped growing. Wat my teacher did was measure out feet with a ruler. She'd do this every month. If it changes just 1/16 of an inch she would reset the measure. After 10 months of solid measures all the same, she would buy us our first pair. Otherwise no way would we get them. So u might try that b/c there is a possibility off that contributing to the bleeding. Also, talk to ur teacher to go with u to get some new ones. When u stand flat foot (when ur whole foot is on the ground) they should be snug, like well fitted tees or converse. When ur up on pointe then they should be a tiny bit looser b/c ur feet r more compact.

The brand name doesn't truly matter. The only difference is the material and colors. There may something else that makes each brand different but I couldn't tell. If u think ur shoes r too big then u should really get new ones. And just b/c ur 14 doesn't mean that ur feet stopped growing. My partner didn't get hers until she was 16. I didn't get mine until last week and I am 15. U may be ready.

Also have u been using the little rubber toes things in ur pointes? That is important. I can't really remember wat it's called right now. Anyway I hope I helped. <3

Offline Ilyettey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:08:44 AM »
I don't do ballet but I have lots of close friends who do. There are these little spongey things that you can buy and put in the bottom of the shoes but I don't know what they are called. And about how long did it take to get them fitted? I went with my friend to get hers fitted and it took around 1 1/2 hours to get them fitted properly.

Offline Eloiseeyyxx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
I am probably not as experienced as you as have only been up on them a little over a year, but I had the same problem! Until I started using these silicon toe cup things which aren't quite as comfortable as tape or Sheeps wool (which I found is the most comfortable one!) but since I use toes pads they never bleed !
Hope this helped:/xxxx
Ooh and make sure u keep your nails short, as putting plasters over your toes with the most pressure on can helpxxx

Offline BalletDreams

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 07:43:54 AM »
Thanks, I'll make sure to get some toe cups/wool before I damage my feet even more. xx