Author Topic: Family troubles, help ):  (Read 443 times)

Offline Chloayy

• View Profile
Family troubles, help ):
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »
My mum and stepdad are so hard to live with... First thing, not allowed to go shopping for anything! Not even my personal needs! Not allowed to spend my own money. Not allowed to go out with friends and hang out with a boyfriend on weekends or holidays, not allowed to have a life in general! And it's tearing me apart... I'm seeing a councillor and my mum and stepdad always make me look like an idiot in front of people... I need advice on how to work this out! I've tried talking to them but it doesn't make a difference :( help? ❤

Offline Ilyettey

• View Profile
Re: Family troubles, help ):
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »
I don't know Hun. Try talking to them again when they are not busy and tell them what you wrote down here. Or try praying, even if your not a christian just say something like ' hey God I really need help...' etc etc. God will always listen and He will always answer even id it isn't how we expect or want Him to. But also maybe they are doing this for a reason. That reason is not trying to ruin your life. But something bigger... I dont know but try talking to them and try talking to God. He really dose help

Offline Chloayy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »
Thank you, I will try ❤

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »

Offline Calliebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 04:18:04 AM »
You could try getting a trusted adult on your side. Or when you see some clothes you like you should say casually "I love that shirt I wish I had one like that" Have your guardians got adult friends who have children? Maybe you could ask to go shopping with their children. They might be more reasonible if they know and trust the children or even parents of the children.

Offline Chloayy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
I've tried that but then I get into trouble for "putting them on the spot" and it's driving me nuts. My best friends mum is best friends with my mum and even she thinks it isn't fair, the way I get treated. My councillor ha tried getting me into family councilling and every time I go, I get into trouble after every session for "bringing it up". Quite funny actually because today my mum went out and bOught my sister a $50 doll when she won't even get me jeans that I need for winter since I have no pants at all. Pathetic isn't it...?