Author Topic: Potty training  (Read 384 times)

Offline Npp611

• View Profile
Potty training
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
Hello my daughter is turning three an refuses to use the potty she won't tell me when she has to go an when I do put her on the pot it takes her awhile to actually go.  I've given her treats for when she does go I've got a musical potty that plays music when she goes ive put her in underwear an training pants an she still doesn't want anything to do with it! I need some advice what should I do to get her potty trained

Offline EmmBee

• View Profile
Re: Potty training
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
My only advice would be to allow her to lead it. It sounds as though she may not be quite ready. If you feel she is but it just hasn't "clicked" with her, it might be worth just allowing her to wear pants in the house, not pull-ups so that she can reach the stage where she is bursting to go to the toilet and if she wets herself a few times, this will eventually allow her brain to make the connection between that sensation and needing to use the potty or toilet. Look out for signs that she may need to pee like crossed legs, pulling at her underwear etc and maybe suggest she sits on the potty but don't insist if she refuses. Mop up any accidents without referring to the mess and praise the successes - rewards may not be necessary if she feels positive messages coming through. Every child is different and they reach this stage at their own pace so don't rush it. If she's genuinely ready,it will click within a week or less but prepare to have the mop and plenty of clean underwear at the ready!! Hope this helps and good luck!

Offline Sunniebunzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Hello my daughter is turning three an refuses to use the potty she won't tell me when she has to go an when I do put her on the pot it takes her awhile to actually go.  I've given her treats for when she does go I've got a musical potty that plays music when she goes ive put her in underwear an training pants an she still doesn't want anything to do with it! I need some advice what should I do to get her potty trained

This is how all 7 of my siblings and I were trained and how we trained the grand kids when you go have her go along with you and and sit her on the pot so she can be like mommy. And make sure she is around kids who are also trained. Have you tried the cool pull ups. When she pees the diaper will get really cold

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »

Offline Gemini76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »
With my 3 year old she had lots of accidents, hang in there.Best if your around home for a couple of weeks & take her every hour.She will gain confidence.Some books in toilet & pictures on walls to make it friendly & not so scary.A reward chart with stickers is helpful.When she gets the habits formed & you go out, go to places she's familiar with, gradually she'll understand there are toilets she can use everywhere