Author Topic: Endometriosis or pregnancy?  (Read 289 times)

Offline ...SJ...

• View Profile
Endometriosis or pregnancy?
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »
Hi guys
I'm new! A long time reader but have never posted before :)
Just have a querie that I can't find anything about on google ( lol )
Ok... Well about two weeks ago I woke up to excruciating pain in my lower right side, I'm currently still taking the pill and after the pain saw my doctor. They did a urine pregnancy test (neg) and sent me for
Ovarian cyst test (all which look good) doctor thinks I have possible endometriosis and I have a Gyno appointment in November ... But! I (on the pill) skipped my period to be able to have the scan for cysts and now have people tellin me they experienced similar pain before they found out they were pregnant... Not sure I know pregnancy is always a possibility even when on the pill but have done two more urine tests both neg ....
Basically I'm after a second opinion considering I can't be sure if I've "missed" a period or not ... Oh and no other pregnancy symptoms
Sorry for the long post but thankyou in advance :)

Offline Ninetynine

• View Profile
Re: Endometriosis or pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:13:46 PM »
Endo doesnt make your periods abnormal but you experience excruciating pain before, during & after them. It could be PCOS though which can have an effect on hormones & can mean sometimes those ppl trying to conceive with the conditions need to have their periods medically induced. If they are still looking into your condition then they will possibly check for both conditions. Hope you're ok Hun & just pregnant because neither one of these conditions arent easy to live with.

Offline ...SJ...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53:56 PM »
Thanks for replying :)
Not actually ttc ATM but hopefully in the near future with my period
I actually skipped my sugar pills so I wouldn't get my period so I dunno
Hopefully they look into everything I get married in October so still lots of good things to keep me occupied :)

Offline NewlywedA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 01:18:02 AM »
Hi guys
I'm new! A long time reader but have never posted before :)
Just have a querie that I can't find anything about on google ( lol )
Ok... Well about two weeks ago I woke up to excruciating pain in my lower right side, I'm currently still taking the pill and after the pain saw my doctor. They did a urine pregnancy test (neg) and sent me for
Ovarian cyst test (all which look good) doctor thinks I have possible endometriosis and I have a Gyno appointment in November ... But! I (on the pill) skipped my period to be able to have the scan for cysts and now have people tellin me they experienced similar pain before they found out they were pregnant... Not sure I know pregnancy is always a possibility even when on the pill but have done two more urine tests both neg ....
Basically I'm after a second opinion considering I can't be sure if I've "missed" a period or not ... Oh and no other pregnancy symptoms
Sorry for the long post but thankyou in advance :)

I had the same problem, thought I was pregnant but then was diagnosed with PCOS :-( that was only a week ago, so I'm in the same boat...

Offline ...SJ...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »
Bump!
Sorry still after some more info on others in a similar situation if there out there :)
Thanks