Author Topic: Self Harm- The Butterfly Project!!  (Read 32935 times)

Offline Bazz

• View Profile
Re: Self Harm- The Butterfly Project!!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 12:39:46 AM »
I guess this could work for people that have depression that don't harm aswel, what they could do is draw the butterflies with positive thoughts and things that are good about their lives, they would draw these whenever they have negative thoughts!

Offline EmmieIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 02:03:31 AM »
I guess this could work for people that have depression that don't harm aswel, what they could do is draw the butterflies with positive thoughts and things that are good about their lives, they would draw these whenever they have negative thoughts!
That's true I read on the site that a girl drew a butterfly because she mentally harms herself somehow so I'm guessing it was because of depression or something similar!

Offline Bazz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:40 AM »
That's true I read on the site that a girl drew a butterfly because she mentally harms herself somehow so I'm guessing it was because of depression or something similar!
Oh I didn't see that but it sounds like a good idea

Offline ONEDIRECTIONisFIT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
THANKYOU!! I do slit my wrists... Don't hate please:( I just wanted to say Thankyou for posting this, I've just read this as I was about to cut.. I put down the blade And I drew my first butterfly it's a bit wobbly but that dosent matter, I named it grandad he's died but up there he's probably shouting at me telling me to stop! So Im going to try for him, my grandad, MY HERO!! <3 <3

Offline TeenGirlx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »
I started cutting about a year and a half ago and I bad never heard if this before and I kept it a secret from everyone. In the end, after about 6 months I managed to stop because I befriended some new people and began dating this guy (now ex). I was great for about 6 months and then I started again. Worse than before. (Not going into details why). I told my two closest friends and my boyfriend after a month because I didn't want it to continue.... One of my friends told everyone and in the space of 3-4 weeks it became public and the whole school knew. One of my teachers called up my parents. By this time me and my bf had broken up and that only made things worse. Then I heard of this project and although I failed many times.... It really does help. I wrote the name of my best friend who had cut a few times before but was stronger than me and didnt get addicted. I haven't cut in 2 months and counting :)

Offline EmmieIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:09 AM »
THANKYOU!! I do slit my wrists... Don't hate please:( I just wanted to say Thankyou for posting this, I've just read this as I was about to cut.. I put down the blade And I drew my first butterfly it's a bit wobbly but that dosent matter, I named it grandad he's died but up there he's probably shouting at me telling me to stop! So Im going to try for him, my grandad, MY HERO!! <3 <3
Well I'm glad that you are trying to help yourself and that you are at least trying to get better!! Some people hide it and don't seek help or anything and I think that's bad I know that people want to keep it private and all that but it's best to a at least TRY to help yourself in one way or another :) good luck and I hope this works for you!!

Offline EmmieIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 03:45:52 AM »
I started cutting about a year and a half ago and I bad never heard if this before and I kept it a secret from everyone. In the end, after about 6 months I managed to stop because I befriended some new people and began dating this guy (now ex). I was great for about 6 months and then I started again. Worse than before. (Not going into details why). I told my two closest friends and my boyfriend after a month because I didn't want it to continue.... One of my friends told everyone and in the space of 3-4 weeks it became public and the whole school knew. One of my teachers called up my parents. By this time me and my bf had broken up and that only made things worse. Then I heard of this project and although I failed many times.... It really does help. I wrote the name of my best friend who had cut a few times before but was stronger than me and didnt get addicted. I haven't cut in 2 months and counting :)
Yes I have heard that it has worked and I was hoping that posting it here it could help some people :) and I hope that your two months turns into the rest of your life haha xx good luck and if you find anyone else who cuts or self harms then please share this :)

Offline serenfranny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »
This is a great idea. I was told about it last year and it actually helped me stop cutting! x

Offline EmmieIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »
This is a great idea. I was told about it last year and it actually helped me stop cutting! x
Well I'm so glad that this has helped you :)

Offline lulu325

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:11 PM »
I really love this idea, i'll try it one day.  I dn't cut myself, but i'll do it in honor of the girls here who are trying so hard. =) I think this could work for people who are dealing with other things as well. Great, great idea!!

Offline EmmieIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 05:25:41 AM »
I really love this idea, i'll try it one day.  I dn't cut myself, but i'll do it in honor of the girls here who are trying so hard. =) I think this could work for people who are dealing with other things as well. Great, great idea!!
I'm sure the girls who do cut would be thrilled to have your support ill do it as well :) and just a reminder to anyone who needs to talk about what's going on in their lives I would be more than happy to listen and maybe give some advice :)

Offline Monkeybibill

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 08:45:50 PM »
This method is really good!! :) One of my best friends cuts and shes been struggling... This has really helped me help her. Thanks so much for this begging post!! :)

Offline nmd19

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
I cut ....
I think this is a great idea firstly but I have no idea how to draw a butterfly ! + my dad doesn't like ink on my skin as it can cause skin problems ... so what am I to do ? my bf doesn't know how to draw them either when I asked him to .... one of my scars is horrible I feel like people see it more now than ever and putting a butterfly over it will make people ask will it not? ..... help .... 

Offline Loloo77

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »
This is a great project, I used the butterfly method a couple of months ago and it really worked! Until it washed off, but now I think of how people that care about me would feel if they knew I was doing this to my self. It is really helpful and I would recommend this to all self harmers! Thank you for making this post and raising awareness <3

Offline EmmieIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »
This method is really good!! :) One of my best friends cuts and shes been struggling... This has really helped me help her. Thanks so much for this begging post!! :)
No worries :) I hope that this will help your friend!!