Author Topic: Self Harm- The Butterfly Project!!  (Read 32230 times)

Offline Loopy lucy

• View Profile
Re: Self Harm- The Butterfly Project!!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
Just wanted to say that I have stopped cutting now but the butterfly project never helped me. I didn't like the idea of killing it so I done this instead...
1) when you feel like cutting get a pen
2) draw a line
3) done no pain no animals dying simple
Stay strong - you are loved

Offline Neonparadis-e

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »
Just wanted to say that I have stopped cutting now but the butterfly project never helped me. I didn't like the idea of killing it so I done this instead...
1) when you feel like cutting get a pen
2) draw a line
3) done no pain no animals dying simple
Stay strong - you are loved
That's really smart :) I'm glad that you have made your own way to cope :)

Offline seagull3000

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »
Although I've been unsuccessful with this project (been cutting for over a year), I do recommend this to girls (and guys) who struggle with any form of self-harm because I know it does work for many people. Thank you for posting this thread.

Offline Neonparadis-e

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »
Although I've been unsuccessful with this project (been cutting for over a year), I do recommend this to girls (and guys) who struggle with any form of self-harm because I know it does work for many people. Thank you for posting this thread.
I'm sorry it hasn't worked for you but hopefully you will find your own way to handle it :)

Offline White_lion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:55 AM »
Its a good idea, but when I wanna cut.. It seems silly and I just want to feel pain to make the rest of the pain go away. It's like a relief strike.

Offline yeeeaaah

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 06:26:10 AM »
omg! i love this! i have never cut my wrist or self harmed in any way and i dont ever think i will get to that point but i think this is really great! :) x

Offline ilove1d822

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 06:00:34 PM »
I have tried this. It really does work when you stick to it. I did for a couple of months but then I started getting mad at everyone and everything and went through a depression stage. I haven't in about a month. It's really difficult but if any of you need someone to talk to I'm here. There is also this website --> www.quotev.com
It really helps. There are a bunch of people that cut or are suicidal. If you do get an account, add me. www.quotev.com/ilove1d822 :)

Offline Shan95

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
I just wanna say that this is such a good project and it really can help. I had a close friend if mine going through a hard time last year, cut herself and attempted overdosing, she ended up in hospital and when she got out she continued to cut, I told her about the butterfly project and drew her first butterfly and with this, and the help of some great counclers she's happy and healthy again :)

Offline Alexxx

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 01:56:58 AM »
Hey girls I'm just here to inform any girls who self harm about the butterfly project!! It's quite simple here are the rules:
1. When you feel like you want to cut,take a marker or pen and draw a butterfly wherever the self harm occurs
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone who really wants you to get better
3. NO scrubbing the butterfly off it must fade by itself
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone it dies, if you don't cut it lives
5. If you have more than one butterfly cutting kills them all
 6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterfly's are extra special so take good care of them
7. Even if you don't cut feel free to draw a butterfly anyways to show your support if you do this name it after someone who you know is suffering from this right now!!

Well that's it, If you need this then please go to the website there are lots of stories and pictures of what people are going through and this site could help you!!
butterfly-project.tumblr.com/
I cut all the time because I wanted to die but when I was found it was my 5 yr old bro and never want him to see that again he still asked why and hes only 6

Offline proudlilshortie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »
Lilly= my little sister. <3

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline alimac1929

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »
I guess this could work for people that have depression that don't harm aswel, what they could do is draw the butterflies with positive thoughts and things that are good about their lives, they would draw these whenever they have negative thoughts!
oh my god I love this! I suffer with depression and I cut every single night, I'm really gonna try this hope it works thank you x

Offline Peachy19

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »
My friend who cuts did this and I was one of the many butterflies:) it helped her stop. About a year later she has started again. I love her to death and I don't want anything to happen too her! I am ganna draw a butterfly in her name<3

What is ur friends name so I can make a butterfly for her and pray for her

Always here, peachy19

Offline Chitzu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
I used to cut my upper leg because no one saw that part... I regret it now and will for an eternity, I love this project and want to be a part of it <3

Offline Clueless42

• View Profile
Same
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »
Good idea :) I've never slit my wrists, but I've harmed myself before :(
Me to I can't slit my wrists because I can't stand that I'm doing it to myself but I do hurt myself in other ways

Offline Babygurl2000

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
I'm a junior in high school and have cut myself since 7th grade because I have severe depression issues and I have been usin this program a lot and it has helped me so much I have been doing it for three months and killed my butterfly once <3