Author Topic: Girls Thinking About Suicide  (Read 67561 times)

Offline AngelSquad1608

• View Profile
Re: Girls Thinking About Suicide
« Reply #555 on: July 07, 2018, 11:04:21 PM »
I started to cut my self but I stopped before I could even kill my self but I had a lot of thoughts doing it please I need help QUICK!!!!

Offline AnimeIsMyMiddleName

• Life is like a box of chocolates.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
Just stop. Go see someone or talk over a helpline. That’s all the advice I’ve been giving, because I started and it helped so much, after five years of self-harm, I stopped.
Fear is strength

Offline who_are_you

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 14, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
There was a girl in the grade below me who committed suicide the week before my birthday. We were in the same dressing room for our school musical. I didn’t even know her that well, but I did know she was really funny. Is it weird that her death still affects me? The first week after her death, I was miserable. I punched my pillow, mattress, and cried a lot. I called those my “bad days”, although that was a serious understatement. As time went on, I felt them less and less. Now it’s time for the new school year, and I’m scared. On the one hand, I want everything to go back to normal so everyone feels better. But on the other hand, I feel like that would be forgetting about her. Some mornings I wake up, she pops into my head, and my day is instantly worse, because then she’s all I can think of. My mom thinks I should’ve moved on by now. I just can’t seem to. Or maybe I’m just being oversensitive. Sorry, I’m probably just rambling, but I just wanted a safe space to say this.

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 15, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
It’s both good and bad that her death affects you. Good, you care, bad, it makes you unhappy. The poor girl, who knows what she was going through to drive herself to do that.. anyways, it’s really important to go to a counsellor about this issue and tell them exactly what you said here. They will give you tips and tricks to deal with losing her.

I really hope this helps
Fear is strength

Offline who_are_you

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 15, 2018, 05:47:36 PM »
It’s both good and bad that her death affects you. Good, you care, bad, it makes you unhappy. The poor girl, who knows what she was going through to drive herself to do that.. anyways, it’s really important to go to a counsellor about this issue and tell them exactly what you said here. They will give you tips and tricks to deal with losing her.

I really hope this helps

Thanks. I currently see a therapist, though I have gone less and less frequently. I have told her almost all of this, omitting a few details. No one really knows why she did it. Rumors were circulating about bullying and self-harm, her friends said she had been wearing long sleeves even during summertime beforehand. All my friends seem to have moved on, and it feels like I should’ve too

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2018, 03:06:30 AM »

I really hope this helps

Thanks. I currently see a therapist, though I have gone less and less frequently. I have told her almost all of this, omitting a few details. No one really knows why she did it. Rumors were circulating about bullying and self-harm, her friends said she had been wearing long sleeves even during summertime beforehand. All my friends seem to have moved on, and it feels like I should’ve too

Not saying they don’t have a heart, but at least you care. I know all about what self-harm and bullying, with a side of long sleeves in summer. I really hate to hear about this happening. Why are you going to her less? These details you omitted are probably crucial and you need to say everything you know. It’s a step closer to helping you feel better
Fear is strength

Offline who_are_you

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2018, 09:43:55 AM »
We started going to this therapist for my little sister, who has anxiety. My mom recommended I talk to her. It’s always been difficult talking about my problems, because I don’t want to make a big deal over something that may turn out to be insignificant to other people. I’ve always been like that, whether it be taking a sick day or anything else. My sister tends to take up most of my mom’s attention, because of her anxiety about social situations. I don’t want it to seem like I’m making a big deal, just for attention.

Offline who_are_you

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »

I really hope this helps

Not saying they don’t have a heart, but at least you care. I know all about what self-harm and bullying, with a side of long sleeves in summer. I really hate to hear about this happening. Why are you going to her less? These details you omitted are probably crucial and you need to say everything you know. It’s a step closer to helping you feel better

We started going to this therapist for my little sister, who has anxiety. My mom recommended I talk to her. It’s always been difficult talking about my problems, because I don’t want to make a big deal over something that may turn out to be insignificant to other people. I’ve always been like that, whether it be taking a sick day or anything else. My sister tends to take up most of my mom’s attention, because of her anxiety about social situations. I don’t want it to seem like I’m making a big deal, just for attention.

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 18, 2018, 12:48:13 AM »

I really hope this helps

I’m the same way, my sisters have all the ADHD, ODD, OCD, Aspergers, etc. and I felt like my problems were irrelevant, or not worth burdening others. My mum is always taking care of them, which made me pretty independent! Independency is a great thing to have when you’re older, but everyone needs attention, whether they want it or not. Ask your mum to spend a day with just you and her, just tell her how you feel, she may be open to paying more attention to you afterwards.
Fear is strength

Offline who_are_you

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 18, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »

I really hope this helps

I’m the same way, my sisters have all the ADHD, ODD, OCD, Aspergers, etc. and I felt like my problems were irrelevant, or not worth burdening others. My mum is always taking care of them, which made me pretty independent! Independency is a great thing to have when you’re older, but everyone needs attention, whether they want it or not. Ask your mum to spend a day with just you and her, just tell her how you feel, she may be open to paying more attention to you afterwards.

Thanks, you’ve been a huge help ❤️❤️❤️

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 19, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »

I really hope this helps

Thanks, you’ve been a huge help ❤️❤️❤️

I try! You can always PM me, too :D
Fear is strength

Offline TinyLums

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 07, 2018, 12:04:57 PM »
This is a good idea as I for one once tried to commit suicide and had to get over it with no help so I think this is a vital area

Offline AmsterRose

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 24, 2018, 03:12:01 AM »
I tried committing suicide many times in my past. I cut a lot but then I met my boyfriend and I managed to stop. Last year my sister was in her last year of high school and she was hurting herself badly I had no idea. Until I went and saw her teacher and found out. It was horrible. Finding out my older sister hurting herself she had such a beautiful face everything and yeah.