Author Topic: Frightening experience.  (Read 587 times)

Offline Xxmisssnooksxx

• View Profile
Frightening experience.
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:13:18 pm »
Well had a VERY frightening experience today with my 8mth old daughter, she made herself sick(phlegmy sick aswell) by sticking her fingers too far in her mouth n started choking, she wasnt breathing n was bright red in the face, she was so limp, there was no life in her  n id say she wasnt breathing for at least 10-15secs, luckily i know what to do with a choking baby but is hard when you are panicking, my bf was also in a state, a few mins later she was her happy laughing self n i was still sobbing, i really thought i was going to lose her, i was so scared. For the rest of the day ive been on edge with her n cant get the image of her out my head, its killing me. Shes fine now n no problems since but i cant stop watching her, how do i overcome this n settle again??? Sorry its long xx

Offline Lexx777

• View Profile
Re: Frightening experience.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:23:04 pm »

Well had a VERY frightening experience today with my 8mth old daughter, she made herself sick(phlegmy sick aswell) by sticking her fingers too far in her mouth n started choking, she wasnt breathing n was bright red in the face, she was so limp, there was no life in her  n id say she wasnt breathing for at least 10-15secs, luckily i know what to do with a choking baby but is hard when you are panicking, my bf was also in a state, a few mins later she was her happy laughing self n i was still sobbing, i really thought i was going to lose her, i was so scared. For the rest of the day ive been on edge with her n cant get the image of her out my head, its killing me. Shes fine now n no problems since but i cant stop watching her, how do i overcome this n settle again??? Sorry its long xx

Offline Xxmisssnooksxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »
Its ok hun. You lie them face down on your forearm while supporting their head but put their head lower than their bum, so it looks like your about to tip them upside down, with the heel of your hand firmly smack them between the shoulder blades 5times n if nothing double check the airways aint blocked but dont stick your fingers too far in as it can lodge whatever is there further, do another 5 on the back n if still nothing turn them onto their back n do 5 compressions on their chest but by then you should of phoned an ambulance while still doing everything you can. Its so hard to do in a situation like this, your mind goes blank xx

Offline Lexx777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 04:18:12 am »
Its ok hun. You lie them face down on your forearm while supporting their head but put their head lower than their bum, so it looks like your about to tip them upside down, with the heel of your hand firmly smack them between the shoulder blades 5times n if nothing double check the airways aint blocked but dont stick your fingers too far in as it can lodge whatever is there further, do another 5 on the back n if still nothing turn them onto their back n do 5 compressions on their chest but by then you should of phoned an ambulance while still doing everything you can. Its so hard to do in a situation like this, your mind goes blank xx
Wow, that sounds scary.. Thank you!

Offline Xxmisssnooksxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:05 am »
It is scary n people say to stay calm which is easier said than done but its weird how you react n do things to help xx