Author Topic: Anxiety and boyfriend being mad  (Read 260 times)

Offline Mary115

• View Profile
Anxiety and boyfriend being mad
« on: May 14, 2019, 05:34:35 am »
Hi all, I have the worst anxiety at the moment it's gotten so bad. However my boyfriend keeps getting angry at me whenever I get anxious rather than just help. One of his friends makes me feel so anxious and I've said it's fine for him to do some things with him but I can't cope with him staying around his house and he has just got so angry at me. He just calls me controlling and selfish even though he knows full well how bad my anxiety is. It's been left that he won't stay round his friends but he said he'll put up with it for now but he wants it to change.

Am I wrong for feeling as though he should be putting my anxiety feelings and if I don't ever want him to stay round his friends then he shouldn't? Or is he right to be getting so mad at me?

His friend use to try and make him look at other girls and he says he doesn't do it anymore but the thought of his friend just sends my anxiety into overdrive.

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Anxiety and boyfriend being mad
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 10:44:59 am »
His friend is definitely an idiot! But you shouldn't tell your bf what to do and what not to do.
I suggest you talk in a different way about it. Tell him that hos friendship makes you feel insecure and try to find a solution together rather than asking him not to hang out with him. He's probably angry and lashing out at you because of the feeling of being controlled
Regarding your anxiety, I'd suggest you get sone help if it's that bad!

Bitnami