Author Topic: "Its their body let them-" Oh no I won't!! I will help them!  (Read 1244 times)

Offline byrnebabybyrne

• View Profile
Re: "Its their body let them-" Oh no I won't!! I will help them!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 04:07:59 pm »
For some reason you all think I do this shit, I don't! I'm just saying there's no point telling people don't because in the end they're not going to listen to you! And when I said it is their bodies so they can do what they want I meant is there is point in you stopping or worrying about someone else who isn't smart enough not to do it! But yeah for some reason you think I started an argument and that I more less blamed it on Hope and I didn't ? Everyone one else was allowed to share their opinions but because mine was the opposite to what yous all thought I can't share mine? Okay whatever,
Rant over..

Offline Xxmisssnooksxx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 05:58:11 pm »
Of course this post was going to cause an argument. It stops NOW!!!

May I just point out that Hope was in no way trying to start an argument. She said she was trying to state her thoughts and opinions with everyone.
i didnt say pray4hope wrote it to start an argument i just said of course its going to start an argument, topics like this always do n pray4hope is right it aint fair on her coz her posts always have to get deleted coz people have to start bickering all the time. Im a moderator n im sick of all the arguing as its me who has to go round clearing them all off

Offline Pray4Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »
Of course this post was going to cause an argument. It stops NOW!!!

May I just point out that Hope was in no way trying to start an argument. She said she was trying to state her thoughts and opinions with everyone.
i didnt say pray4hope wrote it to start an argument i just said of course its going to start an argument, topics like this always do n pray4hope is right it aint fair on her coz her posts always have to get deleted coz people have to start bickering all the time. Im a moderator n im sick of all the arguing as its me who has to go round clearing them all off

Exactly. I mean come on is it really necessary to argue on my posts? I don't understand why people want to bicker and whine on my posts, then blame me for the arguments when I've had absolutely nothing to do with them.

Offline Pray4Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 10:25:11 am »
Just because you think you can do drugs, drink, have sex and do illegal things doesn't mean you don't pay for consequences. My cousin did drugs, drank and all that and now she smells like dog crap because of all the smoking she's done, alcohol made her slow, fat and now she smells like it, and she could've got STD's, but I don't think she got them. She wanted to be a teacher, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen because of all the drugs and drinking and illegal things she does. So if you warn someone and they're a dense jackass about it, and they say, "IT'S MY LIFE! I can do what I want to my body! Blah blah blah!" then you can sit back and laugh at them when they get sickly later on. You can't get away with anything. My cousin thought she could get away with it and now I'm the type of cold person who will literally call her an idiot and laugh in her face because of what she says. Well, her body's messed up, now. She smells like tobacco, weed and all this other gross stuff. And she looks so terrible. But hey! It's her body, and she did what she wanted! It's the her body and that's what she wanted to do to it. So you don't have to worry about it if you tell someone, "Don't have sex at a young age," and they don't listen. You did the most you could by warning them, and it's not your fault if something bad happens to them. I have a relative that had a baby at 15 and she was also the same with the attitude, "It's my body I can do what I want!" and now she's in her 20's and she's still being spit in the face by even her own blood and flesh. Everyone views her as a dog, now, and I'm sorry I have to say that, but that's what people view her as, now.

I couldn't agree more with this post. *Claps*

Offline Sparkythehappyflower

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 06:23:36 pm »
I did not chose to be 5'6 and it buggs me when people say I am pretty because I had NOTHING to do with it. I can't change how I look and I can't change the fact that I am a girl. I know one day I am going to be old and wrinkly and I can't change that ether. When did it become my body? Who gave it to me?

Offline Xxmisssnooksxx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 06:03:34 am »
When your a teen it is not your body as your parents are there to protect you but when your an adult yes it is your body coz we get to decide what we do with it, if we want to abuse it then thats our choice we are old enough to make them decisions n deal with the consequences, by the way i dont drink or do drugs lol never have done drugs either n drink causes me to have migraines. Xx

Offline shootingstar30

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 09:16:23 am »
I know this is a corny-ass saying, but people need to think of their bodies as a temple. God gave us life. By putting all of the crap that isn't good for us in it, we are trashing the temple. Drugs and booze and sh*t like that aren't good. That's how people die. They get strung out on crap and don't know right from left, yes from no. When someone gets in a car with another person who is like that, then that is just as bad.

I know people who got arrested in high school for underage drinking (I'm 21 now) and they still do the same things. I never partied, did drugs, or anything. I cared about what went into my body because I knew half the stuff would cause an interaction with my epilepsy meds.

Offline byrnebabybyrne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 11:53:50 am »
Why can people not get this ? It is our bodies? Let people do what they want because it has nothing to do with you? Why do you not understand that?

Offline Angel1245

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 07:30:14 pm »
Why can people not get this ? It is our bodies? Let people do what they want because it has nothing to do with you? Why do you not understand that?

So your saying that people should do horrible things to their body and we should let them rot and not for a crap? I'm sorry but I wouldn't let a woman become a sl** because she listens to that "it's my body" bull crap.

Offline byrnebabybyrne

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2013, 09:07:26 pm »

So your saying that people should do horrible things to their body and we should let them rot and not for a crap? I'm sorry but I wouldn't let a woman become a sl** because she listens to that "it's my body" bull crap.

I'm saying actually just let people do what they want because it's up to them! If they want to do something then just give them advice but don't try to control people's lives because they're doing something you don't like, they obviously like it if they're doing it so just get up and get over it because it at has nothing to do with you! Ffs

Offline Angel1245

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »

I'm saying actually just let people do what they want because it's up to them! If they want to do something then just give them advice but don't try to control people's lives because they're doing something you don't like, they obviously like it if they're doing it so just get up and get over it because it at has nothing to do with you! Ffs

I never said to control people's life.

And okay, if they mess up their life and body than that's fine with me. They can go on a be a threat to society, be stupid, be a sl*t, be trashy, be a prostitute, be a hobo, be an alcoholic and not give a crap about their lives. I guess you think your opinion will change anything. You were right that we can't control their lives but okay, I guess you're saying that people can have a screwed up life and no one should interfere with it. No one should try to keep them from harming themselves and that we should just let them rot. Let all of society be f*cked up and girls like you will still be yelling and crying out "ITZ TEIR LEIF AN TEIR BUDY BAWW".

I personally don't give a crap about what happens to other people anymore, because hey like our messed up society says, "OMG ITZ TEIR LEIF LEAT TEM DU WAT DEY WHUNT BAWWW".

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 01:42:51 pm »
Ok if we take a moment and look I think you'll see we are all wanting the same thing..

We can agree we all want what's best for the person. We all want to help. Right?

What the girls are saying when they say "its their own body" is that they understand how important it is that people are empowered to make their own choices.

In the real world like community services, when someone is in crisis and needs help (eg money issues, domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness etc)
Its all about empowerment!
You help someone by treating them as an equal. You don't make decisions for them, you give information, educate and give a range of options then they CHOOSE what to do (yes sometimes you think no not That way!) but it's not up to you. Again you educate and try to point in the right direction but THEY must make that choice and as a good worker/friend/family member you're open to the fact that people Do and Will make mistakes and you're not there to judge but you're actually open for when they come back and again you can educate, inform and give options.

I know you're going to say but they're too young to make the decision. But you can't keep your child locked in their bedroom forever! You teach them life skills, educate them and teach them respect for their body. Then you just hope and pray.

So both sides are right. Yes help them by educating and giving opinions and options but also don't strip them of they're basic human right to choose for themselves.

Offline Pray4Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 02:00:30 pm »
^I completely agree with what the person said above. We can't control what people do in life, but we can educate them and help them.

But just like cdefranco & Angel said, if someone wants to be a dense jackass and not let people help them, than we can just sit back and laugh if something bad happens to them.

If society wants to use this excuse to mess themselves up, then They can go on ahead and be dense jackasses all they want.

No one will even bother to help them, because they tried, but the jackasses didn't want help.

~Hope

Offline Ann-anna22

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 02:25:41 pm »
I totally agree with this post. Its not judging, it is helping! people should be aware of everything they do. When you are that young, it's not an axcuse to say so, you're still a child! There wouldn't be pregnancy at young age or drugs, maybe deaths. They sure will regret all this when they grow up so why not warn them? It's also wrong cuz you're a bad influence on other young girls. You can't make right choices when you're 13. Even grown ups sometimes are not right so stop saying that you can do whatever you want. It will not make you cool.