Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 104532 times)

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4350 on: May 22, 2019, 10:31:36 am »
Yeah I get that. I think the reason I am packing early because its the o ly thing I really have control over at the minute. Its helped me to remember all the little things I'd forgot to get too. Plus obviously he will be here up to 2 weeks early so only have around 10 weeks left.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: May 22, 2019, 11:24:39 am »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: May 22, 2019, 06:22:23 pm »
Fair enough loads of people have said to me why you packing you've got plenty of time. But at the same time I have baby's bag to pack, my bag for in the hospital and then a suitcase for our accommodation. I'm glad I've started as I feel a bit more relaxed and I have what they think may be thrush in my mouth and been told it will be stress. Got to go see my gp (well a gp because mine walked out the surgery and said he's never coming back) and see what I can have for it as chemist didn't want to suggest anything and wasn't sure if it was definitely thrush as he said if it is its only early stages. Not sure if my midwife can check tomorrow.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: May 22, 2019, 07:16:53 pm »

Offline Chantelle90

• View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: May 22, 2019, 08:31:52 pm »
It was hard at first when I had to inject the medication, however it goes easier towards the end.
The egg collection was hard as I was awake during the procedure. I was given some vallium and laughing gas however I did still feel it.
I had 6 eggs which fertilized and have frozen 5
I'm taking the pessaries, when I see my nurse tomorrow they will tell me if I need to keep taking this.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: May 23, 2019, 05:27:24 am »
Chantelle, that's really good we only got 4 eggs with 3 fertilising and one put back in, none were able to be frozen. They usually tell you to keep taking the pessaries until either after your first scan if your having a early one with them or until your 12 weeks. Just it helps to lower chance of miscarriage, I know people that have been given them without ivf because of reoccurring miscarriage. I didn't mind egg collection as I was sedated but was awake during the whole thing just talking to the nurses, I could feel them poking around but no pain and went straight to sleep after. I hated transfer as with a tilted uterous it was very painful for me and I was scared of contracting.

Angela I think I'm going to call up my gp this morning and see if I can get an appointment around my midwife one just don't want to go up for my midwife appointment and then go back later to see the doctor, especially when back at work tomorrow.

Although on the bright side I started leaking a bit of colestrum yesterday which hopefully means my milk will come through when he's here and I can use breatmilk to help him fight infections.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: May 23, 2019, 07:21:28 am »
Hope you get the appointment! I was advised to buy the positive breastfeeding book. Maybe that would be helpful to you too? It has great reviews on amazon.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: May 23, 2019, 11:27:09 am »
Hi, didn't manage to get an appointment other then for this afternoon but I don't have the energy to go up there again so going to try tomorrow. Its not sore so isn't massively bothering me. My midwife has said with us now definitely having the section they don't want me to start collecting till 37 weeks as they don't want me going into spontaneous labour but she said the nurses at the hospital may advise different and if they do go with them. I may have a look I to that book, thank you. I've managed to only put on 4kg so far in pregnancy too which I'm really proud of considering baby is around 3 pound now, it was something I wasn't too bothered about but I didn't want to put too much on with doing so well to loose all my weight to have ivf.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: May 23, 2019, 11:34:54 am »

Offline Bud12

• View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: May 24, 2019, 04:04:42 am »
Hi Ladies,
I'm TTC and 12 days due for next period but already having cramping down under. Any idea what this could be? Should I visit the doc?

Offline Chantelle90

• View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: May 24, 2019, 04:51:58 am »
So did my bloods today and confirmed I'm pregnant.. HCG reading of 522 and progesterone of 800.
Doing bloods next Friday to confirm that the pregnancy is going good and two weeks after that a ultrasound.
I'm still in shock and can't believe its finally happened. It's been a long 2 years.

Hopefully I dont have too bad of a pregnancy.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: May 24, 2019, 05:35:58 am »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: May 25, 2019, 06:49:29 am »
Bud, first good luck in your journey and welcome to the group. Your cramps could be a few things such as ovulation or just normal stomach cramps. Nothing to worry about. Are you tracking your ovulation?

Angela, I have no idea how I haven't put on more as even though my appetite isn't great and I do cook healthy meals I have had takeaways and a lot of sweets and cake etc.

Chantelle good luck, I never found out the levels of hcg just got told it was very high so possibly twins but ended up just being one. All I have to say about the scan is to relax it can take them a few minutes to find baby which really scared me but he implanted as far away as he could haha. Also doesn't help because your ovaries will still be a little big especially if you have any OHSS symptoms.

Saw my gp yesterday who confirmed it is oral thrush, not sure if it's the medicine for that or baby but started with heartburn last night too. Suppose I've got off lightly symptom wise during this pregnancy so can't complain.

Offline Bud12

• View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: May 27, 2019, 05:52:57 am »
I'm just 4 dpo, feel cramps as though its nearing my period. I have regular periods and also, my Bbs not feel tender at all.. but during DS I remember I had tenderness right from the conception day. really confused.. any suggestions or idea please

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: May 27, 2019, 06:34:50 am »
It really is too early to tell. And even if you have conceived every single pregnancy is completely different!